Sponsored

ESP in FL - Anyone get a good price ??

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was interested in getting the ESP warranty, but the dealer tried to bend me over (as expected). They want $1220 for the 72/48K coverage w/$100 ded. _ 1st day rental. Flood Ford offers the same plan for $525.

Unfortunately, Flood can't sell in FL thanks to our crappy politicians.

Has anyone gotten a FL dealer to price match or even come close to Flood's pricing ? I'd jump on the 96/48K, $50 ded. rental for the $760 Flood is asking, but there's just no way I'm paying $1750 (+ 7% tax of course) these guys want !
Sponsored

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
I was interested in getting the ESP warranty, but the dealer tried to bend me over (as expected). They want $1220 for the 72/48K coverage w/$100 ded. _ 1st day rental. Flood Ford offers the same plan for $525.

Unfortunately, Flood can't sell in FL thanks to our crappy politicians.

Has anyone gotten a FL dealer to price match or even come close to Flood's pricing ? I'd jump on the 96/48K, $50 ded. rental for the $760 Flood is asking, but there's just no way I'm paying $1750 (+ 7% tax of course) these guys want !
By law FL dealers (all car manufacturers) can't sell extended car warranties for less (or more) than the retail price of that warranty.

The law was supposed to protect consumers from price gauging, but instead it keeps Floridians from getting the best price and the car dealers fat with profit.

Only way to go lower is to negotiate the total out the door price down, keeping in mind that the ESP warranty is still at the retail amount no matter what they say, as it's a legal thing.

OP
OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well, that bites. I'm guessing the FL Dealers Assoc was behind that deft move to screw over ppl in FL.

Wonder if I can get a relative in another state to buy it for me somehow :D

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nope, "Florida Residents(by law) can ONLY buy a Ford Extended Warranty(E.S.P.- Extended Service Plan) from a Ford dealership(located in Florida)."

Can't buy out of state, have to pay MSRP on the warranty. Crappy law.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Nope, "Florida Residents(by law) can ONLY buy a Ford Extended Warranty(E.S.P.- Extended Service Plan) from a Ford dealership(located in Florida)."

Can't buy out of state, have to pay MSRP on the warranty. Crappy law.
I guess I won't be buying one, then. You'd think they'd lose a lot of money by doing this, but apparently not.

OP
OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I did find a few out of state places that could sell to a FL resident, but they are not able to sell @ a discount.

You can avoid the sales tax tho buying out of state + give the big "F U" to the FL Dealers Asoc. & our corrupt state politicians at the same time !!
Sponsored