jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I'm fully understanding the reasons, but like JMEO said...if ya have Facebook too, well, might as well get rid of that also. I am supposed to be getting instant email notifications, but haven't in days. When that happened on JKOwners I'd get a flood of emails like a week later, no biggie, but you miss a lot of stuff you were wanting to keep current on.

I would be a little embarrassed likely if we totaled up how much time I spent on here learning/gawking, and 95% was on my iPhone/iPad using tapatalk.

For those of you that only use desktops, you won't understand how inconvenient this is. I don't remember the last time I opened my laptop.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I don't even own a desk top or lap top. I have a iPhone 6+s and having the tapatalk app definitely made this site easier. Not only for picture and video posting but for viewing. What sucks about this forum is 95% of the time the pics, videos & links you try to post will not post and it will say download failed. If tapatalk doesn't come back to this forum I guess either will I. BIG LET DOWN!

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I just used Google Drive links for photos. Uploading via the forum fails every time for me. On my phone and PC with 2 different browsers. This sucks. I am not going to keep my photo links up on Drive for long.

Last edited:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
just go to the forum from your browser, scroll all the way down and on the left hand side there's a pulldown that should say "-- New GT Style"... click it to change themes and set it to "-- Mobile Style". Seems to save with cookies as my desktop is now the regular one and the iphone gets the mobile one.

still can't be compared to Tapatalk... but I understand where the admins are coming from... it just sucks. I'm reading the forum a lot less now...

tweekdout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6m
I was hung up on this until I found this thread today (thx [MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION]).

After reading the intro reasoning I have to say kudos for the admins for taking a stand (even if its at an initial convenience detriment). I'll be looking to use the mobile stlye web now and wish for PUSH notifications in the future

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
So I found that if I manually reduce the size of the images I can get them upload via PC. Isn't there a way the forum will automatically reduce the size when uploading, or is that just when viewing?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION] - doesn't vBulletin have a mobile app available that you can provide? http://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/

The mobile 'theme' just doesn't cut it compared the a true mobile interface.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I support the change due to the explanation given and will hope that we'll see Mustang6G on GarageTalk soon or a mobile app all its own. In the meantime, I'll slum it using the mobile theme on my iPhone. Lol.

///Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP Premium
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION] - doesn't vBulletin have a mobile app available that you can provide? http://www.vbulletin.com/en/mobile/

The mobile 'theme' just doesn't cut it compared the a true mobile interface.

It looks like the vBulletin mobile suite enables responsive webpages so that the pages will be resized appropriately based on screen size. I'd prefer the responsive web design myself over a native app. If you want an example, go to http://www.m3post.com/forums/ in your mobile browser to how decent mobile forum template looks like (I'm not affiliated with them). Browsing the mustang6g forum on a smartphone right now is just horribly ugly and a chore due to the constant zooming with clumsy fingers. Hopefully, dragonbyte has mobile support for vBulletin 3.8.8.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Although I understand the reasons in departing from Tapatalk, I'm thoroughly disappointed with not having it anymore. I used Tapatalk for forum access 99% (literally) of the time. Even on my mobile phone, the browser defaults to a standard view and it's cumbersome, to say the least, to try to review posts and/or make quick replies. I loved Tapatalk because I could see what's new, read through the newest responses, reply, and be out quickly. I rarely sit down to use the laptop/desktop unless it's necessary for something else and being able to do everything I needed fast, effective, and most important, while mobile was huge to me.

Are there any other similar options that M6G will be reviewing?

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It looks like the vBulletin mobile suite enables responsive webpages so that the pages will be resized appropriately based on screen size. I'd prefer the responsive web design myself over a native app. If you want an example, go to http://www.m3post.com/forums/ in your mobile browser to how decent mobile forum template looks like (I'm not affiliated with them). Browsing the mustang6g forum on a smartphone right now is just horribly ugly and a chore due to the constant zooming with clumsy fingers. Hopefully, dragonbyte has mobile support for vBulletin 3.8.8.
Rest assured, this is what we are pursuing. We just hired a top development company to revamp the entire UI for the mobile site. The end result, if all goes well, will be similar to how the m3post and f150forum appear and function on mobile devices. Also looking at how (and if) we can integrate push notifications.

There are advantages to a mobile site over an app even beyond the obvious (cost). Apps can be buggy, open up security concerns, are cumbersome to troubleshoot, and require updates to remain optimized to the latest phones and operating systems.

A good mobile style can function just as well as a dedicated app. And all of the latest mobile browsers allow you to save a website as an icon on your phone so you can quickly launch the site just as you would an app.

This will not happen over night. We've been provided an estimate of at least a few weeks for the changes to be made.

Appreciate all your feedback. At this time this thread will be closed so that any further updates I provide will not be lost in the mix.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.