Sponsored

Sto ‘n’ Show

Stratnumberone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hello all,

Do (m)any of you use Sto N Show type affairs for your reg plates? If so, do you have any good recommendations for my car, soon to be arriving from the USA?

Many thanks.
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I have a US GT PP sto'n'sho with a US-sized plate. It has no problem with speed bumps on Eibach Pro-Kit springs (approx 1" lower all round), or the reasonably steep ramp to my garage however does meet the ground at my parents place traversing a lowered kerb...go figure ;)
sto n sho small.JPG

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Same here... US GT PP Sto'n'Sho.

No problems with speed bumps and I'm quite low on KW coilovers (-30mm on the front), and alike [MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] I've also got a frame around the plate which effectively lowers it a few millimetres more.

Only place I've ever had an issue is at the bottom of the ramp going into the underground garage where my parents live where it just touches the ground, but not so much that it's done any damage, and I just remember to get out the car and remove it now - so not a problem!

thumb_IMG_2129_1024.jpg

Another benefit of the Sto'n'Sho was that I needed an MSA compliant timing beam breaker for when I run the car in the sprints... so I fabricated up this little wonder... which just slots in in place of the licence plate as required in a matter of seconds... whereas everyone else is faffing around for 15 minutes screwing or bolting theirs to the front of their cars!

thumb_IMG_2476_1024.jpg
Sponsored