Sponsored

Corsa Touring AB / H Pipe / Vibrant Performance Bullet Resonators

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Not sure this deserve's an entirely new thread, but it might help anyone searching further down the line :)

The corsa touring Axle back was a little too quiet with the window down (had to rev it out to like 3000rpm to hear it) - so i stuck an H pipe on it and it made it insanely loud - far too loud for me.

It was suggested i throw a couple small resonators (Vibrant Performance 12") on and i'm pleased to say the results are brilliant. I'd say its about half way between the stock resonator and just the H Pipe volume wise.

All of the rasp is gone as is the brah brah sound, which i can only describe as trumpety - what's left is just the gurgly flurpadurp

[ame]

Comparison vid of how i got there
[ame]
Sponsored

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
It sounds very good. what size are they? Did you put the H-pipe before or after the resonators? I am having the same problem with the corsa touring axle back, they are not load. I heard a Sport Cat back and it was too load for me. I was thinking of installing the vibrant resonators and then a x-pipe like in the picture, Maserati ground turismo stock setup.
Capture.PNG

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds very good. what size are they? Did you put the H-pipe before or after the resonators? I am having the same problem with the corsa touring axle back, they are not load. I heard a Sport Cat back and it was too load for me. I was thinking of installing the vibrant resonators and then a x-pipe like in the picture, Maserati ground turismo stock setup.
i installed them after the crossover in the H pipe

so Cats > H pipe cross over > Resonator >

i got the smallest i could find - 12"
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=290

1792_WEBS.jpg

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is there a reason to why you put the h-pipe before the resanators or just preference. Any drone on the highway?

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a reason to why you put the h-pipe before the resanators or just preference. Any drone on the highway?
no reason nope - i had a look at the AWE touring system and they have bullet resonators after the crossover point so i just went with that.

if you like the corsa touring tone - its exactly like that but just louder. zero drone

tybo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 convertible Performance
my same config, but with Corsa Sport AB
Sponsored