Sponsored

Cervini Stalker hood

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
I was looking at installing the fibreglass Cervini Stalker hood, but have heard that they are illegal/ non-compliant in Australia.

Anyone installed a fibreglass hood or know the legalities?
Sponsored

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
I was looking at installing the fibreglass Cervini Stalker hood, but have heard that they are illegal/ non-compliant in Australia.

Anyone installed a fibreglass hood or know the legalities?
I had my Stalkerhood installed a few months back and love it, gives the car a meaner look, has functional vents, etc. It's not for everyone but I like it. Mustang Motorsport installed mine, they do quite a few, Bayford also sell a few with various fibreglass hoods and are able to get those registered. With any mod you always run a risk, I kept my stock Hood in case it needs to be swapped back.
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG

Waldial

Waldial
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waldial
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Race Red
BOLTED - I am considering purchasing the same hood for my Race Red Stang, how was the fit around the guards and front end also do you get much wind movement at speed. I assume the paint match was spot on.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
BOLTED - I am considering purchasing the same hood for my Race Red Stang, how was the fit around the guards and front end also do you get much wind movement at speed. I assume the paint match was spot on.
Fitment was pretty good - I would say its the same as the factory hood (see pic 1 below)

No movement at all with this hood as it is heavier than stock. I had a lot of vibration with the stock hood at any speed above 80km/h.

Paint match is pretty close, I can't see any variation.

I also had the duct installed as I am considering installing an open CAI in future (and may be supercharger). Some people complained about dust getting into engine bay without duct, so probably worth considering. I have not noticed any increase in dust in engine compartment.

Regards Chris
Stalker fitment IMG_1643.jpg
Stalker with duct IMG_1686.jpg

Sponsored

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Car looks good Chris, but something about this statement confuses me :crazy:
Thanks.

Sorry, but I'm not really sure what you mean by the statement confuses you? To clarify, the Stalker hood/bonnet fitment is excellent (in my opinion) and gaps etc are all even, same as my OEM hood. I did not have the bonnet pinch or gap issues some owners had with their bonnets/hoods. If I had OCD I could probably find that there is a millimetre wider gap on one side compared to the other but I don't pay that close attention to it. To be honest if there is a gap variation I haven't noticed it yet. Does that clarify it?

Also, the Stalker hood comes unpainted. I purchased the hood from Mustang Motorsport in Melbourne and they had it sprayed and then fitted it to my car. If you are interstate and not buying from a local distributor, it may be worth having the hood sprayed locally to ensure colour matches up. Sometimes there is a slight variation when colour is mixed. Case in point was my spoiler, looked like a perfect match in direct sunlight but in the shade it appeared significantly darker (see pic 1). Mustang Motorsport had it resprayed and match is now perfect (in my opinion - pic 2).

Hope that helps, if not, let me know. :cheers:
spoiler paint error IMG_1595.jpg
spoiler repaintedIMG_1640.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thanks.

To clarify, the Stalker hood/bonnet fitment is excellent (in my opinion) and gaps etc are all even, same as my OEM hood. I did not have the bonnet pinch or gap issues some owners had with their bonnets/hoods.
Nails it, thanks Chris. :thumbsup:

Waldial

Waldial
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waldial
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Race Red
Looks great, guessing I will spend the dollars and get one fitted along with the side scoops and rear spoiler.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Looks great, guessing I will spend the dollars and get one fitted along with the side scoops and rear spoiler.
Thanks.

I liked the side scoops but decided against it as it seemed to hide 'the hips' a little. Also, the bonnet/hood and spoiler do change the look of the car, looks more Muscle car than Sports car now in my opinion. I wanted a more muscle car look so I am happy with my choice.

Good luck, I don't think you will be disappointed if you decide to go down that road, I still think it's one of the best looking after market hoods available.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored