BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Within the Ford/Mustang sect folks will bicker & split-hairs about it's not turbo, it's just a Centri or yawn another Positive Displacement supercharger. But to the non diehard Blue Oval types, people are going to be floored about how much horsepower this thing will make and its performance numbers.

I honestly think it's going to be epic!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
What is the 8/7 a hellcat ? Was pointed out by another insider that its not 808

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Within the Ford/Mustang sect folks will bicker & split-hairs about it's not turbo, it's just a Centri or yawn another Positive Displacement supercharger. But to the non diehard Blue Oval types, people are going to be floored about how much horsepower this thing will make and its performance numbers.

I honestly think it's going to be epic!
Agreed, after taking all this time they have to know we are all expecting EPICness! Dodge and Chevy have set to bar it's up to Ford to jump over it!

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Honestly, Iā€™m not even concerned with Dodge (1 trick pony), but that damn ZL1 1LE is stupid crazy good. If there is a GT500R, damn... I may have to sell a kid.

The 1LE is a hell of a car. Just watch the video of it running around the ring. But there is a big sacrifice on the road due to the ultra stiff non adjustable shocks basically hard mounted to the frame. Hopefully Ford will engineer more adjustable into the GT500/R. I'm all for all out performance but if its horrible on normal every day roads that would suck. Like the Demon, if it becomes to much of a one trick pony it may run away buyers. One would only have to look at the sales disaster the last Z28 was. It can be taken to far.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
My main gripe with it is the GT500 name,

just doesn't seem to fit anymore with the trajectory that Ford is taking with Mustang...

'GT350' really resonates, and it makes sense that Ford would save one of the last un-reissued old namesakes for this particular car and the mission/trajectory it is taking with handling/braking/turning/track prowess. It had a spitual predecessor which made the car even more legitimate.

But with the 50th anniversary of the GT500 coming soon (just like November 2014) it just would seem like the easy way 'out' of marketing the car. The GT500 has always screamed 'boulevardier' than Track monster, even back in the '60s.

There comes a time, when even GM/Chevy (who really do not have an original idea to save their business, literally) is scoring sales numbers based on retro and nostalgia that its time to drop the reissues.

Time to build a new legacy and break free from this never ending cycle. GT350 makse sense as the final reissue as it felt we were getting them backwards anyway...

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I hear what you are saying. I just think it is hard for them to break out of the retro theme! Maybe it would be easier if it was a whole new car design. As long as the car is suppose to look retro they will be in this trap! Sometime you wonder if they have it in them to do a clean slate from scratch anything anymore. It seems like everyone wants to live in the passed ie see movies, cars, music, shoes,. Very rarely is there a new idea they are always rehashing old stuff right!! I like retro as much as the next guy but it would be a nice surprise to see something new and not done before.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Honestly, Iā€™m not even concerned with Dodge (1 trick pony), but that damn ZL1 1LE is stupid crazy good. If there is a GT500R, damn... I may have to sell a kid.
Was noted by an insider on another forum. The question was asked , ā€˜will it beat a zl1 l1eā€™. Answer was ā€˜ you will be happyā€™.
Get ready to sell the kid.

My main gripe with it is the GT500 name,

just doesn't seem to fit anymore with the trajectory that Ford is taking with Mustang...

'GT350' really resonates, and it makes sense that Ford would save one of the last un-reissued old namesakes for this particular car and the mission/trajectory it is taking with handling/braking/turning/track prowess. It had a spitual predecessor which made the car even more legitimate.

But with the 50th anniversary of the GT500 coming soon (just like November 2014) it just would seem like the easy way 'out' of marketing the car. The GT500 has always screamed 'boulevardier' than Track monster, even back in the '60s.

There comes a time, when even GM/Chevy (who really do not have an original idea to save their business, literally) is scoring sales numbers based on retro and nostalgia that its time to drop the reissues.

Time to build a new legacy and break free from this never ending cycle. GT350 makse sense as the final reissue as it felt we were getting them backwards anyway...
Just like GT500TT, we are unfortunately locked into rehashing retro themes...
I agree tho... start with a clean sheet.

Sponsored

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Won't sell a kid, but will tell the oldest I ain't paying his college tuition anymore.

I am going crazy waiting on the release of the GT500.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Was noted by an insider on another forum. The question was asked , ā€˜will it beat a zl1 l1eā€™. Answer was ā€˜ you will be happyā€™.
Get ready to sell the kid.

Reminds me when Dave Pericak was asked if the S550 lost some weight over the S197, his response: "We had some very aggressive weight goals and we hit them."

The S550 gained weight.

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
The cobra nameplate was only used because shelby wouldn't let ford use gt500. The cobra name was used of and on from the mustang 2 all the way to the terminator. There was a torino cobra in 69,70, and 71. Not to mention the original 289, 427, and cobra daytonas. You could make the argument that the cobra nameplate is more worn out than gt500.

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
The only performance name that hasn't been used in a long time is boss 429. You could use other ford performance names the like grabber, marauder, eliminator, spoiler, twister, thunderbolt, cyclone, super coupe, turbo coupe, but most of these don't belong on a mustang and sound dated at best. Who under the age of sixty even used the term boss to describe something?
Sponsored