Sponsored

EU specs / options / schedule

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I still don't believe, was promised too much with the 550.1 so 550.2 I don't believe until I see it lol. For all I know that 550.2 is a US spec on Belgian plates (lololol)

I think most new cars use plastic rather than glass, it'll just be HID LEDs

I wonder if you could retro fit 550.1 Fenders, hood and bumper to a 550.2? :shrug:

What was promised on S550.1? We knew we were getting short changed from quite early on with several features missing and changes to meet EU regulations.

Its not a US car on Belgium plates, its export model which is clearly seen by the nicer clear headlights (no orange reflector in them), clear rear lights, different decklid etc.

Also enough videos have now being posted of the RHD export model to prove the DRL's are functioning on RHD models, were also getting digital dash, active exhaust, is all confirmed.

The only grey area left now is clarity on options and if the headers on RHD are still mullered. Not such an issue any more as plenty of RHD headers options now with more due soon.

I am sure you could refit the S550.1 front-end, but you'd need wings, bumper, hood, lights and maybe even some engine compartment components as they have pushed some of the heavier stuff a bit further back in the engine bay it seems, whether to help with weight distribution or to accommodate other models to be released in the future.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
for all its improvements technically wise I still can't bring myself to like it to me it still looks like it has downs.

i'd rather spend 10k making the current version perform how I want it rather than spending 10k making the new version not look retarded.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
No cock ups this time!
Thank you Ford! :)

That is a RHD UK/Oz export model, the keen will spot as confirmed in the OP but as can be seen as standard:
- Performance Package
- Michelin PS4S tyres
- 10-speed auto
- Digital dash
- Active exhaust
- Hood vents
- Rear clear lights
- Rear faux cap decklid :(
- Upgraded premium interior, could spot the addition leather in video
- MY18 seems to have a modified/larger induction tube
- New aweful UFO engine cover, that can go right to the bin. :D
- Handbrake still on wrong side
- Hard to tell from video but expect heated wheel as standard

It is pretty fabulous news for RHD export market! :)

Still yet to confirm:
- Bodged headers or not?
- Recaro option?
- Carbon option, is it full, so seats/door cards are part leather/alcantara?
- Wheel options?

But were getting a much better deal than last time round, the only downside is were not getting the same value for money unless Ford UK pull another blinder on price for the early adopters.
It would be good if that start up is the quiet mode :clap2: I'm having mine on track mode :D

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
So are the seats real hide or American leather i.e. Vinyl ?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are the seats real hide or American leather i.e. Vinyl ?
American leather of course, no real leather in most cars these days unless the real high-end stuff or optioned as such, like BMW Nappa leather etc.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for all its improvements technically wise I still can't bring myself to like it to me it still looks like it has downs.

i'd rather spend 10k making the current version perform how I want it rather than spending 10k making the new version not look retarded.
Whereas I agree, unfortunately the stuff I want cannot be added 3rd party to an MY15, so an MY18 is my only option.

I can then deal with the front-end if I deem it ugly once I have the car in person and own it.

I will probably end up buying an S650 too, unless they royally fuck it up in some way.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its ford you know full well we'll probably end up with another generation of fox bodies.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
its ford you know full well we'll probably end up with another generation of fox bodies.
Please god no!!! If it is, i'll get a 197 :lol:
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] was a joke :p!

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Looking at that vid Gibbo that is one hell of a sexy color option you're getting. The front end has grown on me too, but your right on the engine cover, they must have burnt all the design hours by the time they got to that. Looks like the kind of thing you do to a 1l fiesta to hide the hairdryer block underneath. You'll have that off on day one I'm sure. Can't wait to see one next to a 2015.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd buy a reissued fox body!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at that vid Gibbo that is one hell of a sexy color option you're getting. The front end has grown on me too, but your right on the engine cover, they must have burnt all the design hours by the time they got to that. Looks like the kind of thing you do to a 1l fiesta to hide the hairdryer block underneath. You'll have that off on day one I'm sure. Can't wait to see one next to a 2015.
Aye orange huuuueeeeeey has grown on me. :D
Oh yeah that cover shall be off, might not be quite as simple as current one to remove as the oil cap is integrated, sure it will be easy though.

You noticed any improvement from removing the carbon trap from air box now you have driven car for a bit?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Considering that i was going to put down a deposit on one then pulled out i had to think long and hard.
I like everything but the front is an OAP doing a Gurner.
Ok so i love the new colours but i can get a wrap,mag ride and active exaust at a touch of a switch very nice but i have v3's and corsa.Digital dash, really like this and can't match it.
10 speed auto, never driven one but with a drag mode under 4 secs very nice but i can go SC.To be honest I'm still not sure to keep mine and finish my plans or go with the 18.
The s650 is definitely not an option so the 18 would be my last.I think i will wait and see.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering that i was going to put down a deposit on one then pulled out i had to think long and hard.
I like everything but the front is an OAP doing a Gurner.
Ok so i love the new colours but i can get a wrap,mag ride and active exaust at a touch of a switch very nice but i have v3's and corsa.Digital dash, really like this and can't match it.
10 speed auto, never driven one but with a drag mode under 4 secs very nice but i can go SC.To be honest I'm still not sure to keep mine and finish my plans or go with the 18.
The s650 is definitely not an option so the 18 would be my last.I think i will wait and see.

Though I love my KW's, on a road car I cannot see them comparing to mag ride, its flexibility at the touch of buttons will make this car more capable on a UK road, particular with those PS4s fitted as well, of course the tyres you can put on current one.

The only place I think my KW's could overcome the mag ride is if I took advantage of them and had them setup by a professional for the intended circuit I wanted to drive on for the exact conditions, that becomes very expensive.

I think the mag ride if its 90% as good as whats on the GT 350 (Ford claim its same setup) then on the road it will be nothing short of amazing and you can still perfect it and fit items like Steeda rear top mounts, CB005 etc. if you feel the need to, though rumour is that Fords chassis cross bracing as they called it on MY18 is just some of the rubber bushes in the rear changed to spherical to give the drive more control and stop the much complained float, again something some of us have done.

For me MY18 the most important things are:
1. 10-speed automatic, its a game changer, it will embarrass a supercharged 800HP S550.1 off the line to 60mph and there won't be much in it too 100mph either, thats in dry, in the wet game over for the SC car.
2. Generation 3 Coyote: I love the Coyote, one of the best V8's, but I think we can all admit its a lazy bastard, lacking a little torque and drinks fuel unless your in 6th. The generation 3 makes 460HP at 7600rpm (thats GT 350 style power curve), its got 420lb/ft at 4600rpm, a 12:1 compression to make it less lazy and direct/port injection which gives us the power/torque but whilst improving economy. Its also got an all new inlet manifold (not GT 350) but something that allows the motor to rev and make power high up without sacrificing it low down, I doubt this will fit older cars as the manifold has to accommodate the new injection setup.
3. Mag ride, not gonna repeat myself, I wrote it above, but it gives you flexibility essentially of good quality coilovers for a road setup at the flick of a button.

For me the above three are the deal makers, you cannot mod the current car to include those, well you could but you'd not have much change from 20k.

Then there are some other neat things the 2018 has, some of which you can/could retrofit, except digital dash probably:

4. Digital Dash: We've all seen it, you either love it or hate it, 2018 export gets it as standard and I LOVE IT! Putting this in MY15 I suspect will be near impossible due to ECU coding changes and additional ECUs etc. I mean right now on MY15 people can't even get digital speedo working even when fitting the 350 cluster.
5. Carbon interior, but full carbon interior like US, so leather/suede Recaros, leather/suede door cards, suede roof lining and carbon trim. It looks stunning, just like a Porsche GT3 inside and very sporty, the UK gets this option but if we will get the full pack as in seats/door cards I am unsure as in the US this option deletes the digital dash, now the export models have sometimes got one up on the US, just like Exports Auto were PP's whereas in US adding auto deleted PP. So we might get a win. But again retrofitting this to an MY15 or MY18 if we don't get full pack, well again its a good ÂŁ5000 plus for seats, doorcards, carbon trim etc.
6. Active exhaust: Again a nice feature to have it integrated into factory car and another toy to play with, but this can easily be added to an MY15. It does sound nice though and imagine the sound with the centre resonator changed out for an H or X pipe, could be lovely, then add headers and you can be a noisy git but flick a button and your neighbours don't hate you.
7. All the safety BS, lane keeping, radar cruise, heated wheel, nice for some, at least you can turn it off to an extent, does not bother me, but I don't need it.
8. Working DRL's, lets not forgot those as some people pay a small fortune to make them work. :D

The MY18 has a lot going for it, yes some could argue why not buy a BMW, Audi or Merc, well problem there is none of them are NA V8's and they are not iconic either and the same level of performance cost nearly double and your still not smiling as much.

This is a Mustang, the moment you glance yours eyes on it you see Mustang even with the down syndrome front-end, its a stunning car from every angle but MY15 was better from the front.

My view is the front bumper and headlights on MY18 are nicer looking than MY15, they look more premium and a whole lot more aggressive.
The problem for me is the hood, it looks wrong, they deleted the power bulge and gave us some dodgy curving hood that supposedly flows the lines of the car better, but to me it just looks sad and weak. I think this car with an MY15 hood with MY15 vents would look amazing, obviously not an issue as Steeda, Roush, Cervini and a dozen others will make after market hoods to solve the issue and by the time you've shipped and painted it you aint got much change from a couple of large. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it, if Ford made the perfect car, COUGH GT 350 with 10-speed and sold it over here we'd be buying them in our droves even if the car did cost like 60-70k. Or a GT500 with a twin turbo Coyote kicking out 750 horses mated to that 10-speed would be something of the gods. :D

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
problem is gibbo that when the mustang is now almost at the price of the bm/audi/merc etc and still so much more behind than them in tech wise that its fighting a losing battle.

the current gen was so good because it ignored all the german crap and just said i'm here i'm agressive and have a big v8 roar and it was cheap! (this is the most important part)

now they've started to make it look like a euro box its lost / losing its iconic status and fits/blends in more and its starting to fight the germans at their game with the technology where it'll lose every time. when the base gt is the same price as an M2 as per the video you posted the other day the M2 is better the only reason the mustang wins out is the sound track.
Sponsored