Sponsored

Mishimoto exhaust components.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I was just looking at a thread on here and an ad for Mishimoto popped up, advertising exhaust systems for 2015+ Mustangs.

Are they any good? Too loud? Bad fitment?
Sponsored

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I have the Mishimoto GT Pro axle back exhaust paired with a Hearttrob H pipe (from American Muscle). The resultant sound is a very nice deep growl with a little bubble when coming off the throttle at higher RPM's. However, for my tastes this combination is just a little too loud. On the highway it definitively has a deep drone when cruising. My 24 and 25 year old sons say it sounds awesome in particular at idle and at WOT, but they also agree there is a drone (but still like it alot).

I'm currently investigating a cure for the drone and a little decible reduction by adding a couple of the Vibrant Resonators (recommended by BmacIL and Bobpies) on each side either the:

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1054&products_id=288 or
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1527_1032_1054&products_id=290

In hindsight I guess I should have kept the stock resonator to see how the Mishimoto Axle back paired with the stock resonator would have sounded. My concern with the Mishimoto axle back paired with even the Vibrant resonators is that I may still get highway drone as the I don't believe the Mishimoto has any sound cancelling tech.

The fitment and quality of the Mishimoto are excellent so I have no complaints in that regard. You have some flexibility in centering the tips by bending the hanger supplied. I got the 4.5" black tips and they look great.