Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Streetfighter nGauge “Ghost Cam” Tune

Streetfighter are now releasing our nGauge with a Ghost Cam Tune option.
As part of the 3 tunes we supply with every nGauge you can choose to have one of the tunes supplied as a “Streetfighter Ghost cam tune”. No extra charge on initial purchase.
Streetfighter tuning technicians have developed Mustang tunes that transform your idle and acceleration note into an awesome old school V8 cammed engine.
When coupled with a Streetfighter exhaust the “ghost tune” is designed to give a lumpy , engine shaking, attitude at idle and a awesome V8 supercar sound on acceleration. Our technicians have even tuned in that great deceleration crackle.
Now you can have the luxury of perfect manners, performance and driveability coupled with old school muscle car Mustang idle.

Only available from Streetfighter nGauge
  • 98 Octane Performance
  • 95 Octane Performance/economy
  • Valet Tune
  • SF Auto trans tune
  • SF Ghost cam tunes
  • SF nGauge tunes available to suit all exhaust and intake options.

Streetfighter
Nothing Comes Close!

Streetfighter nGauge Auto Trans Tunes

Our latest tuning development is for the Automatic transmission Mustang owners.

One of the let downs with the Mustang autos is the transfer of power from the engine to the wheels is very "sluggish".
This is due to many varying factors that mainly include torque control strategies that control and limit engine power through to the transmission both on auto and manual vehicles.
Other factors on the autos are speed of shift between gears and the "softening" of gear shifts.
This all makes for a drive that feels less responsive and less inspiring than you would expect from a Mustang.

Streetfighter have now developed nGauge tunes to firm up and increase the speed of shift in the Mustang autos.
Our nGauge trans tuning allows all the extra power that we offer with our engine tune to be delivered as it should through your auto transmission and ultimately down to the ground.
Streefighter nGauge auto-trans tuning transforms the sluggish lazy standard transmission into a racey, spirited driving experience that you would expect from a Mustang.
The vehicle is transformed to a more enjoyable drive while on light normal cruise and firms and speeds up increasingly the harder you drive making for a truly racey experience.
Streetfighter technicians have developed the auto transmission tunes to perfectly enhance all 3 modes of transmission selection

• -Drive
  • -Sports
  • -Paddle shift manual mode
And best of all, Streetfighter offer the auto transmission enhancement at no extra cost with all initial Streetfighter nGauge tunes
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
David, just for the kid hiding away in all of us, we are going to need a video/sound file of your ghost cam tune.:D

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
David, just for the kid hiding away in all of us, we are going to need a video/sound file of your ghost cam tune.:D
Good point. Tried our own amateur vid and does not reflect the note as live. We are currently organizing a pro to vid.

Stay tuned

p.s if you are local, welcome to come and have a listen/ drive.

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
Should i be embarrassed that every part of me wants this soooo badly :)

PPL374

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Due April 2017)
How do the cats handle the ghost cam?
There's a few tuners who say it will destroy them and they recommend going catless if you have the ghost cam option.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Should i be embarrassed that every part of me wants this soooo badly :)
I'm hearin ya. Nothing to be embarrassed about. :thumbsup: I have heard some of these ghost tunes on Utube. Bloody marvelous! If you don't grow up by the time Your 50, you don't have to.:D

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
I really want this

I spent a couple of minutes in the workshop and while I was there the Streetfighter mustang had it's ghost cam tune running - it's loud and lumpy and is a huge difference compared to regular idle. It even makes the engine (and car) rock from side to side a little! \m/

Probably not recommended for regular daily use (unless you love getting pulled over by police) but because you can swap tunes using an nGauge then you could load the ghost cams in and out for a special occasion quicker than it takes to jack the car up and change a wheel.

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Ugh, want this bad. Need to convince the minister for finance.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Ohhhhhhh sounds soooooo nice mmmmmmmmm:headbang::cheers::D:love::hail:

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Can you post a video clip.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
How do the cats handle the ghost cam?
There's a few tuners who say it will destroy them and they recommend going catless if you have the ghost cam option.
Cats have been fine thru ought the development testing.
Our Streetfighter metal cats are the same as we have used on all our cammed and supercharged vehicles. They have been fine for many years, so I do not foresee any problems.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Our Streetfighter metal cats are the same as we have used on all our cammed and supercharged vehicles. They have been fine for many years, so I do not foresee any problems.
What about on a car that is using the factory exhaust?

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Hi David, my understanding of the Ghost Cam tune is that it modifies the valve timing at idle to achieve the cam-like idle. In order to maintain driveability the tune needs to run very rich in these condition, and this is what damages the cats.

So I am not sure why you are comparing to the longevity of cats used on cars with actual cams and superchargers? That is a completely different situation.

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Hi David, my understanding of the Ghost Cam tune is that it modifies the valve timing at idle to achieve the cam-like idle. In order to maintain driveability the tune needs to run very rich in these condition, and this is what damages the cats.

So I am not sure why you are comparing to the longevity of cats used on cars with actual cams and superchargers? That is a completely different situation.
When we fit a performance cam into an engine the "choppiness" at idle is created by the increased overlap and lift from the cam lobes.
This creates the rough "choppiness at low idle/revs that we all desire.
This choppiness however also increases unburnt fuel at idles due to the extra valve overlap (extra fuel required to maintain an idle) .

When we tune a "ghost cam" idle into the coyote engine we do exactly the same thing except, electronically.The coyote engine has 4 variable cams that are computer controlled. This gives us the ability to manipulate the cam /lobe overlap to whatever we like without replacing the cam. This choppiness also creates extra unburnt fuel at idle.

I use the example of cams and supercharging to explain that metal cats are able to resist high exhaust pressures and unburnt fuel better than standard cats.

PPL374

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Due April 2017)
When we fit a performance cam into an engine the "choppiness" at idle is created by the increased overlap and lift from the cam lobes.
This creates the rough "choppiness at low idle/revs that we all desire.
This choppiness however also increases unburnt fuel at idles due to the extra valve overlap (extra fuel required to maintain an idle) .

When we tune a "ghost cam" idle into the coyote engine we do exactly the same thing except, electronically.The coyote engine has 4 variable cams that are computer controlled. This gives us the ability to manipulate the cam /lobe overlap to whatever we like without replacing the cam. This choppiness also creates extra unburnt fuel at idle.

I use the example of cams and supercharging to explain that metal cats are able to resist high exhaust pressures and unburnt fuel better than standard cats.
So with saying all of that. How do stock cats handle the ghost cam tune?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.