OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Stainless steel. Made by American Car Craft. Got it from American Muscle. Matches the rest of the pedals. Do the prep the right way and all will be fine. The only tricky part of the installation is that once the 3m tape is removed and comes into the slightest contact with the adhesive promotor, it's impossible to adjust. Take your time, line it up and press. I wore Latex gloves during the install just to be safe and not get stuff on my skin. They recommend a little wax on top. Permanent bond in 24 hrs.

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Thank you. The weather wasn't the greatest today. As far as modding goes, I like to keep it subtle, you know. The car gets enough attention now as it is, Polizei included. No stripes for me! (If I had gotten the GT, well, that's another story).

As far as "under the hood" goes, I plan on doing small things at the moment. Nothing that will void the warranty or cost a lot and hassle from TĂśV. Rather, class and style.

Last edited:

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Stainless steel. Made by American Car Craft. Got it from American Muscle. Matches the rest of the pedals. Do the prep the right way and all will be fine. The only tricky part of the installation is that once the 3m tape is removed and comes into the slightest contact with the adhesive promotor, it's impossible to adjust. Take your time, line it up and press. I wore Latex gloves during the install just to be safe and not get stuff on my skin. They recommend a little wax on top. Permanent bond in 24 hrs.
thanks! Is yours the brushed or polished version?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
huh... you all got those flimsy "pleather" things to hold your seatbelts?!

I got some hard plastic mounted there - no way in hell the seat belt is going to ruin my seats, so no extra protection needed... (it's not pretty, but pretty sturdy :D)

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Actually, these "pleather" things will probably just "save my neck." Pun intended. Your hard plastic mounts come standard on Ragtops.

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Ok, just installed the jacking rails from Steeda. Finally got some nice weather today and I had some time. Quality piece.
rsz_dsc_3800.jpg

A 15 min install on a lift. Took me a little longer because I installed laying on the ground without any jack or stands. Used Blue Loctite on the bolts. No torque specs from Steeda in the instructions so, I just torqued them to 62-63 ft./lbs. like BMR. Hangs down about 1/2" or 25mm from the frame (didn't measure). Hope I can still get my floor lift under there.
rsz_dsc_3802.jpg

If not, guess I'm gonna need a new jack or some ramps.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can get your floor lift under. I've put mine under with a lowered car, no problem.

I have one of the low profile quick lifts though.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I got Polished because it matches the other pedals. Last time I checked, the price was 38 or 39 euro.
Yes I realized that... oreder in brushed too :)
Thanks

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
wish those rails were that easy to mount on the convertible... I've been reading all kinds of woe from convertible users. (Apparently we got extra stiffeners down under :D)

is your plan to use these to jack up an entire side of the car (i.e. for wheel changes) or something else?

OP
OP
Robby

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
They are a bit lower than the frame but that is to be expected.
Sponsored