Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Steps for VIN, your Window sticker and ETIS:

Requirements:
A Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is a 16 alphanumeric unique serial number used to identify individual vehicles.
The VIN is normally obtained from your Dealer.
Sometimes you may be to get your Ford order number (a 4 digit code) from the dealer. You can then ask Ford AU service via the Ford facebook page for the VIN. The VIN is normally allocated about 6-10 weeks before the expected build date.

Once you have been provided with your VIN - there are 3 main stages that occur as your car is built:

Stage one: Checking ETIS www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
About 2-3 weeks before the proposed build date - enter your VIN into ETIS.
If your build week has been allocated by the factory - then you will get a place holder in Etis. (this is normally updated on a Thursday in the US - Friday afternoon Aust time).
You will see the basic car information appear - ie Car type, colour, gearbox etc and it has a place holder build date of "30.11.0002". This is not the actual build date.

Note: If your VIN is not found in ETIS - then your build date has not been entered or allocated and it is at least 2 weeks away. Just keep checking every few days until it appears. (Note that checking hourly does not make it occur any sooner)...

Stage two: Window sticker http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html
About 1 week out from the proposed build date - your window sticker will appear - it which will have a few more details about the car and the important "blend date" which is the actual build date.
The database is updated weekly (I believe Thursday nights local USA time).

Your car has now been scheduled to be built.
The Flat Rock assembly line builds around 500 cars each day. The build process takes around 26 hours from start to finish.
following is a video of the build process.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/f...how-the-2015-mustang-is-made-video-91554.html
Not much is known about the RHD cars build process. They may be built in batches or possibly being built only on 1 or 2 of the assembly lines.

Stage three: Etis
About 1-4 weeks after the car is built - ETIS will be updated.
when you put your VIN into Etis - rather than the basic info - you will now get a full list of the build and options etc. (click on the arrow down near the Minor features)

Note - the systems only seems to update the information in ETIS weekly on Thursday local time (Fridays Australia time). and the system are normally down on Sundays (local USA time) for maintenance.

The next steps - (these may take some time and the only way to track them is by using Ford Service).
To send PM to Ford Service - Go to Members List on the forum - find "Ford Service" and click on "Send Message"
I suggest that you don't go overboard on this as things take time - plus remember that they are in a different time zone (1 day behind us) and may take a few days for them to reply.

Upfitters:
After the car is built - the currently RHD cars go to the upfitters to get "final stuff done" which is a technical term meaning to do things that they could not do on the assembly line.
This process can take 2-6 weeks. The car then goes back to the factory for Gate release.
Update Jan 2016 - it appears that with the more recent RHD builds (ie from jan 2016) that many of the cars no longer need to go to the upfitters. This may be due to improvements on the assembly line and QC.

Gate Release:
After a final check over to make sure the car is completed to the Ford Standard - the car status moves to Gate release.
It is now ready to be transported.

Transportation to the dock:
The car is transported to the port of Baltimore ready to be loaded on a ship
This can take up to a couple of weeks.

Shipping: WWL
Your car is then booked by Ford onto a ship to take it to Australia or NZ.
Your car will only appear in the WWL web site a few days out from the actual sailing date.
you can use the "track & Trace" on WWL web site http://www.2wglobal.com/ to check which ship it is on and to follow the progress to when the car is off loaded.

You can track the ship's progress via http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-13/centery:-30/zoom:5
or other ship tracking sites.
This is another exciting phase of your car's journey - follow it as it cruises down the east coast of the USA and then enters the Panama canal. The ship will then disappears into the pacific ocean for a few weeks - but if you are lucky - you will see it appear near Nouméa.

After a 30 day relaxing south pacific cruise - your new car will be ready to be unloaded in its new home country.

Port unloading:
After being unloaded from the boat the car is inspected by customs and boarder control. The Australian compliance inspection is undertaken on all cars. Then if everything is in order the compliance sticker will be attached to the drivers door (inside the door jam).

Ready for shipping to dealer:
After unloading it takes 5-14 days for your car to be ready to be transported to your dealer.
you can track this process by using the Prixcars tracking app. http://e2.prixcar.com.au/e2/DirectAccess.jsp?task=VehicleTrackerHome.jsp
It can tell you the progress from when the car is unloaded - to when it is delivered to your dealer
This normaly takes 2-7 days depending on how far away the dealer is from the port.

Dealer:
The dealer should inspect your car, clean and detail, fix and adjust any minor items that need it and of course register your car so you can drive it on the road.
Hint: make sure you have you have arranged your own car insurance before picking up the car. You dont want to have an accident when driving out of the dealers yard.

I hope this helps people understand the many steps that need to occur in getting your car safety to you.

Now enjoy being a owner of a great iconic car - the Ford Mustang.

cheers
Bruce

Last edited:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Steps for VIN & Window sticker:

Once you have been provided with your VIN - there are 3 main stages:

Stage one: checking ETIS
About 2-3 weeks before the proposed build date - enter your VIN into ETIS.
When you will see the basic information appear (this is normally upodated on a Thursday in the US - Friday afternoon Aust time).
The information shown is the basic - Car type, colour, gearbox etc and it has a place holder build date of "30.11.0002". This is not the actual build date.

Note: If your VIN cant be found in ETIS - then your build date has not been entered or allocated and it is at least 2 weeks away. Just keep checking it until it appears.

Stage two: Window sticker
Then about 1 week out from the proposed build date - your window sticker will appear - it which will have a few more details about the car and the important "blend date" which is the actual build date.

Stage three: Etis

Finally about 2-4 days after the car is built -when you put your VIN into Etis - you will then get a full list of the build and options etc.

Note - the system only seems to update the information in ETIS on Thursday local time (Fridays Australia time). and the system are normally down on Sunday (local USA time) for maintenance.

Hope this helps people understand the process.
Nice concise work Aussie Mate......it's getting to be time for the Australian section to have some "stickys " and this would be perfect for one. Must contact the mods and see how we can nominate some threads as Aussie stickys.:clap2:

Last edited:

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thats some really good info above.

Just with the blend date, is it located on the top of the sticker. If so mine shows the 120152910, does that mean mine was built on the 29/10/2015?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Thats some really good info above.

Just with the blend date, is it located on the top of the sticker. If so mine shows the 120152910, does that mean mine was built on the 29/10/2015?

Thats correct XRFutura!

That date is when the build started

OP
OP

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Aussie Mate... Just on the uplifters stage, i was chatting with Ford AU on FB and apparently the Uplifters was only for the first lot...to ensure they got it right. They did not forsee an "uplifters" phase for the cars that go into production next week.

Once again...I dont know what is real and what isnt !

You may be right - I am only basing this on the process which the first lot of cars have gone through - I understood that upfitters are often used when something doesn't quite fit correctly or they may have run out of parts during the assembly and rather than hold up the line - they send it to the upfitters for finishing.

Anyway - it is only a guide so people dont need to keep asking the same questions on the forum.

Sponsored

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
You may be right - I am only basing this on the process which the first lot of cars have gone through - I understood that upfitters are often used when something doesn't quite fit correctly or they may have run out of parts during the assembly and rather than hold up the line - they send it to the upfitters for finishing.

Anyway - it is only a guide so people dont need to keep asking the same questions on the forum.

So help me out...how do I get hold of Deysha or how do I communicate with her.

I found the following on a another thread
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] @FordMustang @Ford..............................(this one).
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford

but how do I send her a message on the FordService @FordMustang @Ford. Am showing my age now !

OP
OP

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
It's the same as sending a PM to any member of the forum

You can Personal Message (PM) her - simply go to the members list and search "Ford Service" and it will come up with the members profile.
Select "send message" .

BTW - I have added this information to the original post

Bruce

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Got a VIN 1 Month+

ETIS has shown a placeholder since then... still nothing... cool :lol:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Got a VIN 1 Month+

ETIS has shown a placeholder since then... still nothing... cool :lol:

Same here dude.

My Vista segmentation date is still showing as 30/11 so will hopefully get a window sticker during the week sometime.

I have set up a Firefox extension to automatically run my window sticker link every hour so I don't have to keep manually checking.

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Thats correct XRFutura!

That date is when the build started
Ok so its been about 4 weeks since getting my window sticker with the blend date but etis is still showing the basic info. Is this normal?

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Ok so its been about 4 weeks since getting my window sticker with the blend date but etis is still showing the basic info. Is this normal?

There is no normal to be honest, but to get more information on etis does take some time. I would send a pm to Deysha (Ford Service) to find out where your vin number is currently up to.

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
There is no normal to be honest, but to get more information on etis does take some time. I would send a pm to Deysha (Ford Service) to find out where your vin number is currently up to.
Its all good mate. I have been in regular contact with deysha. Hopefully ill hear something by the end of the week.

I dont mind my mustang turning up alittle late because im still trying to sell my current car.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Its all good mate. I have been in regular contact with deysha. Hopefully ill hear something by the end of the week.

I dont mind my mustang turning up alittle late because im still trying to sell my current car.

Good luck with the sale I wish I didn't sell my car back in May, but then again I had an October delivery at that date

Chivs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback - Competition Orange - Auto
Hi Everyone,

Been following the forums everyday since I ordered back in May '15.

Just been given my Vehicle Stock Number from my dealership. Forgive my ignorance but is this the same as my VIN?

Cheers

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi Everyone,

Been following the forums everyday since I ordered back in May '15.

Just been given my Vehicle Stock Number from my dealership. Forgive my ignorance but is this the same as my VIN?

Cheers
Welcome to the forum mate, the Vehicle stock number should be a 4 digit code. The VIN number is much longer, feel free to check in over on the Victorian thread as well.
Sponsored