Sponsored

Hesitation at cruising speeds on Roush P2 tune

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I believe you have to return it to the stock tune if you want to flash it with an sct device but the N gauge can flash right over the roush tune. 99% sure at least.

Nope. The SCT devices will write over what is there and it will save what is already on the car as the stock file.
Sponsored

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
Nope. The SCT devices will write over what is there and it will save what is already on the car as the stock file.
Thank you. That is what I was hoping for. I already have a livewire and I wasn't looking forward to having to get an ngauge.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
^^^ This guy has it right. The reason people say you can't use the SCT with Roush tune is because of the IAT sensor location. The VMP kit cures that problem, PBD tune makes more power. You will still have the Roush tune stored if you ever want to go back to it.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Good to know some tuners have figured this out, a year ago or so this was not the case.

^^^ This guy has it right. The reason people say you can't use the SCT with Roush tune is because of the IAT sensor location. The VMP kit cures that problem, PBD tune makes more power. You will still have the Roush tune stored if you ever want to go back to it.
That's assuming you want to change out and relocate the IAT sensor or go with the VMP kit. If you have the stock roush or ford racing system you may not want to do that.

So if I currently have the roush tune I should get an IAT relocation kit before I think about getting an aftermarket tune?
I guess something like :
http://www.vmpperformance.com/2015-Mustang-IAT-harness-and-brass-air-temp-senso-p/15iatkit.htm
Or go with Lund and an Ngauge tuner instead of sct.

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
That's assuming you want to change out and relocate the IAT sensor or go with the VMP kit. If you have the stock roush or ford racing system you may not want to do that.

Or go with Lund and an Ngauge tuner instead of sct.
I would have probably went with Lund and the Ngauge if I didn't already have the Livewire tuner. $99 for the VMP kit is cheaper than the $450 for the nGauge.

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
What kind of RWHP/RWTQ did you get/expect on the Roush P2 with the IAT relocation and custom tune from PBD?

AngryMule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush charged GT Mustang
Orrrr.... you could buy an nGauge and have you Roush P2 tune tweaked for the LT.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm 400 miles into my Roush P2, 2015 car with cat back as only other mod (plus OPG/CS). Honestly the tune is very good.. I know it leaves quite a bit on the table especially running 93 octane but drivability is good. I have a VMP tune with IAT relocate on order, but am struggling a bit to load it when it comes since this tune seems to work well.

Side note - VMP told me I could not upload my Roush tune to the SCT due to it being encrypted. They didn't say anything about not being able to write over it though... does anyone who has done it know for sure?

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
It sounds like how my FRPP2 tune works with my SCT tune. I cannot load the Sct tune without first opening up the procal tune software and hitting return to stock.

AngryMule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush charged GT Mustang
I'm 400 miles into my Roush P2, 2015 car with cat back as only other mod (plus OPG/CS). Honestly the tune is very good.. I know it leaves quite a bit on the table especially running 93 octane but drivability is good. I have a VMP tune with IAT relocate on order, but am struggling a bit to load it when it comes since this tune seems to work well.

Side note - VMP told me I could not upload my Roush tune to the SCT due to it being encrypted. They didn't say anything about not being able to write over it though... does anyone who has done it know for sure?
That is correct. The Roush tune IS encrypted. This is why you can't save it off. You can however overwrite it. You need someone with access to the decrypt key. I am fortunate to know that person. That's why I can retain my Stock Roush tune and switch between it and my customised Roush tune for the strip.

OP
OP

BrandoBeli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Roush 727hp
Hey guys. Just an update. Car is running amazing now and is at 10k miles currently. Brought the car to Ken Bjonnes at Palm Beach Dyno and got a new tune on the car and wow. Complete day and night difference! Car is running flawlessly with gobs of power! Thanks to Ken!

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
Hey guys. Just an update. Car is running amazing now and is at 10k miles currently. Brought the car to Ken Bjonnes at Palm Beach Dyno and got a new tune on the car and wow. Complete day and night difference! Car is running flawlessly with gobs of power! Thanks to Ken!
Did he give you some dyno numbers for your power and torque? Ask him about an air filter and a throttle body also since I heard they make an improvement.
Sponsored