Sponsored

Front passenger side squeaking when turning wheel - Steeda/Eibach

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I've got my car lowered on Eibach Sportlines paired with Steeda's non-adjustable pro-action shocks/struts, camber plates, and adjustable bump-stops. In the back I've also got BMR's CB005.

When I took my car in for an alignment at Steeda they found it was riding the bumpstops so that was when they replaced the Eibach provided ones with their adjustable ones and suggested that would help the ride quality and also get rid of the squeaking. Unfortunately the squeaking from the front passenger side remains when I turn the wheel at all and also over some speed bumps. It seems to come in after a minute or two of driving.

I recorded this a few weeks ago to give you all an idea of what it sounds like inside the car.

Any ideas on what the hell it could be or how to fix it?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Bump, anybody got ideas? :shrug:

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
This one may seem obvious but have you checked your power steering fluid? My last car would make that noise whenever it was low.

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
This one may seem obvious but have you checked your power steering fluid? My last car would make that noise whenever it was low.
Per the manual, there is no power steering fluid and I haven't cracked 10k miles yet so I don't think that'd be an issue so early. The noise is distinctly coming from the passenger side though.

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
Per the manual, there is no power steering fluid and I haven't cracked 10k miles yet so I don't think that'd be an issue so early. The noise is distinctly coming from the passenger side though.
Well damn, that's convenient! Learn something new everyday lol

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Feel free to give me a ring tomorrow and I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.

Also, I'll take those Eibach bumpstops off your hand if you don't want them. They're the best ones out there. Lol

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You are not alone; read the 1-star reviewer’s comments on CJ’s:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/eibach-spring-pro-kit-set-gt-2015-2017/p/EBS27/

Granted, this is a ProKit and you have Sportlines, but it’s an Eibach product nevertheless. Try calling Eibach, maybe they have a fix if the spring really is the issue.
The strangest part for me is that there are basically no other people with issues on them from the forums or even looking at AM reviews (lowest review is a 3 star and complained about ride, not noise) where they have over 100 reviews of the Sportlines for the GT model at least. I'll see if Eibach has anything with their support.

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to shout out the guys at Steeda (@SteedaTech - Mike) for fixing my car up today. Mike and Matt figured out what the source of the problem was and replaced the part for me. Definitely exceeded my expectations this go around and can't thank em enough.

For anyone curious, it was the lower piece of the strut top mount.

Once again, big thanks to the team at Steeda for the help.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Wanted to shout out the guys at Steeda (@SteedaTech - Mike) for fixing my car up today. Mike and Matt figured out what the source of the problem was and replaced the part for me. Definitely exceeded my expectations this go around and can't thank em enough.

For anyone curious, it was the lower piece of the strut top mount.

Once again, big thanks to the team at Steeda for the help.
Nagare, thank you for the kind words. We love what we do at Steeda!
Our customers are number one! Between Steeda GA and FL we have four ASE certified techs.

Mike D

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Good choice on the Steeda bump stops even if they weren't the source of the noise! I have those and haven't had any bump stop issues. I never had Eibachs bump stops but I cut my stock ones and Steeda also showed me that I didn't cut them enough and fixed that (before they sold these bump stops) and that improved road manners for me. Feel better having bump stops that weren't cut in half on my car now.
Sponsored