Sponsored

Comprehensive Airlift P Install (Pictures Lost)

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
I may be a bit of a dumbass, I'm about 90% sure, anyway. I'm in the process of moving and I forgot I moved my trunk tools around and I think my pulley puller was bouncing around... Took of the rear tires and shook and pried and loaded and unloaded everything and couldn't find anything loose. Then I saw the puller when I was loading my tools back up. Took a quick, bumpy test ride and nothing.

I swear I've made more mistakes with this car than all my other cars combined lol.
LOL - At least it was a quick fix. I have done similar things in the past.

Totally off-topic, but many years ago. I went cat fishing with a friend using chicken livers. Unbeknownst to me when we left he put the container of livers in my trunk. They rode around in there for at least a week before they started to smell and I had no idea. It was not a fun time when I finally opened the trunk to find out why my car smelt so bad.

I had to throw away the spare tire and all of the carpet. That smell was permanently embedded in every thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime,

Did you ever put Steeda billet shock mounts on? I mean you have everything else. :D
I tried but at the time of my install Steeda didn't have inserts that work with their mounts :(

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I tried but at the time of my install Steeda didn't have inserts that work with their mounts :(
TJ over at Steeda thinks they are M10 x 1.25. Not sure yet though.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was sent what was believed to be the correct insert but no workie. In my dabbling it doesn't look like an insert can be made to work so I just installed the stock mounts and all has been fine.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I was sent what was believed to be the correct insert but no workie. In my dabbling it doesn't look like an insert can be made to work so I just installed the stock mounts and all has been fine.
I drilled my stockers for Konis so I bought the Steedas to replace them. It looks as though the Steeda setup would work if the threads were the right ones.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Posted some pics in my thread. Looks like it would work as long as the sleeve is the same size but the thread pitch was different.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone given thought to trimming the strut tower area so you have access to the allen bolts for camber adjustment ?

Would it cause any structural issues ?

I don't understand why they would design the kit for camber plates but we have NO access to the bolts...
Sponsored