Sponsored

Aircon stopped working

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
Same story here... Aircon failed on the weekend (or at least I realized at the time). Booked with dealer's service, went in, no gas! Re-gassed and added the dye, in order to find the leak.
I just saw the thread, honestly I can't believe that they are not aware of the issue (not that I am looking forward to my dashboard to be removed) :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Same story here... Aircon failed on the weekend (or at least I realized at the time). Booked with dealer's service, went in, no gas! Re-gassed and added the dye, in order to find the leak.
I just saw the thread, honestly I can't believe that they are not aware of the issue (not that I am looking forward to my dashboard to be removed) :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
From my experience with Ford Warranty work, the dealer service dept will have a check list that they must follow to the letter in order to satisfy For
before they can replace items under warranty.

EG my battery failed 1 week before warranty ran out, took it in to be replaced under warranty, they had my car for a whole day, why you ask?
first test battery, yes it failed.
recharge battery for full 8 hrs
retest battery, Hydrometer test found it dropped a cell.
Replace battery under warranty.

Yes the service tech knew straight away the battery was stuffed.
but had to tick all the boxes to claim the battery under ford warranty.

Frustrating yes looking forward when my A?C dies no

Spaghetti70

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mne is going back in this Friday cos it's failed again! First time they just recharged it and it leaked. Next time they found a leak in some valves and they were replaced and it worked fine for about 2 weeks. Now its done it again and just not turning on which seems like the engagement clutch (or whatever its called) which seems to be a common problem too....

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
Went back in today after 2 months to check the aircon gas levels. Unfortunately my worst fears came true. Evaporator issue, part is in back order as mine is the 3rd car with the same issue and the specific part is in high demand in the US too...

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sorry to hear that Dimitris (and others), you'd think with the prevalence of these failing they'd have a few on the shelf or in a warehouse :tsk:. Bit of a cluster just as summer gets going, hopefully you've got something else to get around in.

Did they say how much of a backorder? Or how long it would take them to say?
Just basic stuff you'd reasonably want to know if your aircon broke this time of year so you can plan around it.

If it holds for a couple months I trust they're happy to regas on demand while you wait? Or give you a loaner on the day? :clap2:

FYI IIRC [MENTION=15912]Bushranger[/MENTION] has written a letter to Ford about the oil cooler failure issue and has another another one loaded for the aircon issue.

Sponsored

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
They actually said that all 3 were back ordered. They could not give me an ETA, said something about a month but then again nothing certain...
According to them it will probably need to keep the car for 2-3 days and I will get a loaner for the period.
No re-gas though as it still has some in...

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Fastback
i took mine in on 6th November and the evaporator unit was diagnosed as faulty. it has taken until yesterday for the part to arrive. I have heard that there are (were) 56 on backorder for South East Queensland.

So my part is now in, but they cannot fit it until the first week of January :(

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Went back in today after 2 months to check the aircon gas levels. Unfortunately my worst fears came true. Evaporator issue, part is in back order as mine is the 3rd car with the same issue and the specific part is in high demand in the US too...
Copy of dealer invoice from the Issues section detailing the process:

picture.jpg

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Another one waiting for a new evaporator and compressor. Dealers expectation is that they should receive the parts by mid-late Jan.

Will be a novelty to have the air-con working again :cool: As mine isn't daily driven I've just got used to driving it with the windows down everywhere...

Sponsored

ouabain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT
I thought my A/C wasn't cooling adequately - they looked it over and said that the temp of the air coming out was 6C on LO, which is apparently 'normal'.

It cools, but I still feel the A/C is a bit anaemic for a new car.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you have issues, check both sides (driver and passenger) and see if they're both cold, thats a common fault of one side dies.

Even in the high 30's and having a soft top here my air con works great.

I have driven a Mustang with a busted aircon and it runs, but really badly.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Took 2 goes with my dealer but had the HVAC motor and finally the evaporator unit replaced in early November. All good since.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Mine started having issues as well - Noticed the passenger side cools extremely well while the driver side blows out warmish air.

Anyone fixed it here in Melbourne and was happy with the dealership?

Cheers,

Erez

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase