Sponsored

Some issues

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
A couple of issues I've had with the stang, anyone else had them and know if simple fix?

Rattling from driver door, especially when going over bumps
Occasionally the yellow airbag light comes on and stays on for the trip, the one located above windscreen in the centre
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
1) I get this, no idea how to fix it without pulling door card off to see if anything is loose, it sometimes comes from near the speaker, other times further back... (No help, but alas no fix) also have one passanger side but that's 99% of the time the seatbelt hitting the plastic trim.
2) I've had this stay on whilst in reverse but whenever I go forward it turns off... check the connections on the front of the bumper as I believe it's held in down there. you can just about reach it through the wheel arch, it's drivers side of the top grille.

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
I've seen a similar post about a rattle from another guy on here and neither he nor the dealer could find it. So when he loosened the wheel arch liner to do something out dropped a small pebble.
When driving home from the Nemesis event on Saturday I developed a severe rattle seemingly coming from the glove box or passenger footwell. It actually sounded like something flapping about but was independent of speed.
I stopped at the services and checked for bits of gravel in the wheel arches and although I didn't see anything drop out the noise had gone when I continued my journey so I think it was a bit like the pea in a whistle going round and round at speed and then finding a way out as I stopped.
It's worth checking because there's no sound absorbing coating inside the wings and anything in there sound horrible and loud. Be careful about items dropping in there when you've got the bonnet up too as I had fun retrieving a bottle of superglue but that's another story.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen a similar post about a rattle from another guy on here and neither he nor the dealer could find it. So when he loosened the wheel arch liner to do something out dropped a small pebble.
When driving home from the Nemesis event on Saturday I developed a severe rattle seemingly coming from the glove box or passenger footwell. It actually sounded like something flapping about but was independent of speed.
I stopped at the services and checked for bits of gravel in the wheel arches and although I didn't see anything drop out the noise had gone when I continued my journey so I think it was a bit like the pea in a whistle going round and round at speed and then finding a way out as I stopped.
It's worth checking because there's no sound absorbing coating inside the wings and anything in there sound horrible and loud. Be careful about items dropping in there when you've got the bonnet up too as I had fun retrieving a bottle of superglue but that's another story.
That's a good shout actually, i'll have to check behind the arch liners incase somethings trapped down ther,e mind you it does sound like it's on the door for me.

Think anyone whos work on their car knows the perils of dropping stuff in engine bay :lol:

Guy@NemesisUK

Threads
Reaction score
Website
nemesisuk.com
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
Project NemStang / Modified UK S550 Mustang GT
The Air Bag Light in the roof is not an issue and is normal. It has a sensor so it knows when a passenger is in it to be activated and the light should turn off. It knows when there is not enough weight on the seat and should illuminate saying it is deactivated. I think it is so it won't deploy if there is a baby/child seat in position. I travel with my dog in the passenger seat daily and wanted to turn off the air bag as they say it can actually be more harmful in an accident and should be turned off. It tells you about in in the glove box hand book.

Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Air Bag Light in the roof is not an issue and is normal. It has a sensor so it knows when a passenger is in it to be activated and the light should turn off. It knows when there is not enough weight on the seat and should illuminate saying it is deactivated. I think it is so it won't deploy if there is a baby/child seat in position. I travel with my dog in the passenger seat daily and wanted to turn off the air bag as they say it can actually be more harmful in an accident and should be turned off. It tells you about in in the glove box hand book.
Thanks although it seems to be random whether it's on or off. Ill double check this through to make sure ive not got anyone or anything in the seat and vice versa

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
The seat sensor could be on its way out. Or it just needs a good push on the plug for it.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The seat sensor could be on its way out. Or it just needs a good push on the plug for it.
Hopefully the latter as car is less than six months old!

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1) I get this, no idea how to fix it without pulling door card off to see if anything is loose, it sometimes comes from near the speaker, other times further back... (No help, but alas no fix) also have one passanger side but that's 99% of the time the seatbelt hitting the plastic trim..
Taking the car in next week for Ford to hopefully sort. The rattling by the driver door speaker is driving me mad! Seems to be worse when window is partially open/closed
Sponsored