Sponsored

Sync 2 upgrade to 3.10?

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I can't download the new update because I stupidly didn't complete the last update. I didn't realise a file was saved on to the USB stick after installation and I needed to then use this file to tell owner.ford.com that I had completed the install. Now the website thinks I have the latest software and it won't let me bypass this file upload :doh:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Soo having done this I have to ask, is there any point?
No new settings, functions etc? Just that it's 'maybe' a bit faster?
Personally, I think its passes through menu screens a little bit quicker. But, apart from that, it's just about have any bugs in 3.08 removed plus extra compatibility with newer mobile phones. (Plus getting one over those lazy dealerships who don't want to do their job)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
It worked flawlessly, and indeed it's a bit snappier than before. It's sucks that you can't make a backup of the navigation Favorites though, luckily I wrote them down first.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
When you install this update provided in the link of the first post don't forget to install the splash screen update as well. I forgot or didn't read that part of the post until I notice I was stuck with the Ford splash screen. Modifying the auto-install file from UA to PA only takes a second and installing it in the car only took 30 seconds.

Cheers!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Can this not be down over the air?

ie using the car connected to wifi.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Can this not be down over the air?

ie using the car connected to wifi.
Nope - not at least with Sync 2 (not sure with Sync 3 in UK)

OP
OP
Maoilearca

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
When you install this update provided in the link of the first post don't forget to install the splash screen update as well. I forgot or didn't read that part of the post until I notice I was stuck with the Ford splash screen. Modifying the auto-install file from UA to PA only takes a second and installing it in the car only took 30 seconds.

Cheers!
Yes, if you follow the instructions in second link, https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72196212&postcount=937 - you won't go wrong
Sponsored