Bathurst 17

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
We currently have sponsorship on several of the cars. Trust me, even if it wasn't a control category the budgets wouldn't change much if at all. Sure the teams would like to spend more but the market is too small to support their appetite unlike US based categories that have a massive market to draw funds from or F1 that have the global market.

Keeping costs down isn't the reason it's the way it is. It's marketing, almost solely.
So, maybe if the budget doesn't change, more of the money can go on wages/infrastructure, if car build is cheaper? Surely, having a common platform/spec for all cars, must be more efficient/cost effective than having all different types.:shrug:
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
So, maybe if the budget doesn't change, more of the money can go on wages/infrastructure, if car build is cheaper? Surely, having a common platform/spec for all cars, must be more efficient/cost effective than having all different types.:shrug:
It'd be up to the teams and the category. Yes they could go to cheaper cars, like production, and if they maintained the same budget then they'd have bucket loads of money to spend elsewhere, wages and infrastructure as you say.

As it stands supercars are by far the most expensive category in Australia. Why is that if having a control category is about making it cheap for everyone?

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Whatever the merits of having a control car, lets give supercars credit for delivering a product, that produces tight racing and no total dominance for one team, with second to none TV coverage. Public interest is still solid to. All this, in a difficult transitional period, in a very small market place. Australia is punching above it's weight here. Any car lover that hasn't driven around the Bathurst track/scenic road, should do so. They won't regret it, just to appreciate how amazing/difficult this track is.:headbang:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
They certainly have done a good job of marketing it over the years. The next couple of years will be interesting to see how they adapt and if they survive.

I'll certainly be heading to Bathurst when I collect the Mustang. Been around there more times than I can count, both in cars and on foot at various events. It's a very special track.
Sponsored