BG Syncro Shift 11

OP
OP

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
I just bought the big bottle and the suction thing to pump it out. They have a kit/pack.

Ended up being about $200 landed here. I figured you only need to change once so to hell with it and bought it.

Makes a good difference for just a fluid change, especially when its cold
I agree....big difference when cold :D:D
Gee ..... mine only cost $88.50 for the oils (BG 79232 x 3 ie: $29.50 each ) :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think the oil itself was like 80USD when I bought it, then postage on top, converted was like $200 aud. I did get mine quite a while ago probably June 2016 so perhaps the price has come down now.

OP
OP

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the oil itself was like 80USD when I bought it, then postage on top, converted was like $200 aud. I did get mine quite a while ago probably June 2016 so perhaps the price has come down now.
No ....it's still around that price in USA ...thats why I waited till the local BG distributor brought some in here. They only brought in the smaller bottles as the bulk pack & pump type worked out to be much dearer. :cheers:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ahh cool, yeah that was the one I bought the big bottle and pump. I cudn't wait, Already had my car a year by the time you got yours. Guess it was lucky for you being later lol

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
Who is the Australian distributor please? I'd be very grateful for a name, contact details or website.

Thank you,
auj4

Sponsored

OP
OP

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is the Australian distributor please? I'd be very grateful for a name, contact details or website.

Thank you,
auj4

BG Australia
:cheers:

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
BG Australia
:cheers:
Thanks Don! :hail:

I figured out why only came up with the US site on a Google search. I was looking for BG Syncro Shift.:headbonk:

I'll be contacting them in the morning

auj4

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Amsoil synchromax is just as good as BG, anything is a massive improvement over stock

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
Picked up my liquid gold (BG syncro shift II) yesterday.

The people at BG Australia were very good allowing me to pick it up from their office in Brookvale (Stockists in Sydney are a bit thin on the ground it seems.)

3 Quarts $280.50 inc GST

Now for time to do the oil change.

auj4

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Am I the only one who did NOT notice a big difference after switching to the BG sync shift 2?

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
3 Quarts $280.50 inc GST
That's a typo, right? :eyebulge:

Mine was less than $200 delivered from the states. I noticed a difference to begin with, some days are better than others...

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have had this sitting at home for about 6 months. I guess I should get onto it. I bought the higher viscosity diff oil as well. I think it was about $200 landed (which is the most I have ever paid for any gear oil).

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
That's a typo, right? :eyebulge:

Mine was less than $200 delivered from the states. I noticed a difference to begin with, some days are better than others...
:doh:

I wish it was a typo :(

It'd be nice to think I'm supporting a local business that supports our cars, (the BG Aus lady made the comment that a lot of Mustang owners are asking about the Syncro Shift II), but if the price differential is that great then...... :confused::crazy:

For comparison I just bought 40 litres of Aeroshell 100 weight (SAE50) mineral oil for the aeroplane. It cost $312. The plane takes just under 12 litres a change and I change the oil every 25 hours. (works out about 3 times a year).

Haven't tried the BG yet. No time to do the oil changes.

Cold gear changes seem to have improved a little in the last 1000km or so which I'm putting down to warmer weather and that fact I've probably knocked off some of the sharp corners in the box.

auj4

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Yesterday I finally got to change to BG syncro shift II, and today went for a cruise around the Otways. (Plenty of gear changes) The shifts feel much smoother and quieter now with the Steeda short shifter. :)
Sponsored