Mustang Migration to Oz

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Is this thread dead or what?? Can someone post an updated migration table??
We were very fortunate and thankful to enjoy the good grace and efforts of a member who posted the tables. The person does not appear to be active on the forum now. From what I believe, the information is virtually impossible to obtain without having access to the specific resources required.
Sponsored

Krispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang GT S Code
Try FB

You might be able to find them on the S550 Ford Mustang Owners Australia page

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Anyone having trouble checking the wallenius willemson site for vin numbers?
I cant load the generic code 1fa6p8cf% anymore
Many thks

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Thanks but it wasn't a specific vin number I couldn't load.
I had been watching the ww shipping details of all the Mustangs coming in to NZ and the ports in OZ by using the generic vin codes at ww for both the gt and eb Mustangs but the facility to load these vin numbers into the ww website under track and trace seems to have disappeared in the second half of January, or have I got this wrong somehow?
Cheers
Phil

Sponsored

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but it wasn't a specific vin number I couldn't load.
I had been watching the ww shipping details of all the Mustangs coming in to NZ and the ports in OZ by using the generic vin codes at ww for both the gt and eb Mustangs but the facility to load these vin numbers into the ww website under track and trace seems to have disappeared in the second half of January, or have I got this wrong somehow?
Cheers
Phil
Phil, still not working either. Unless Ford have swapped car carriers...

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to wallenius Wilhelmina here in Auckland and they said the website was amended deleting vin nos as too many people were accessing data they weren't entitled too
Probably means us 6g members but it does help Ford keep us in the dark for longer
Such is life

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to wallenius Wilhelmina here in Auckland and they said the website was amended deleting vin nos as too many people were accessing data they weren't entitled too
Probably means us 6g members but it does help Ford keep us in the dark for longer
Such is life
Bugger. So they must be changing the shipping number to not be the Vin then. That's a shame. Was fun tracking cars coming over....

Even after mine was shipped, I'd still keep an eye on what was coming thru

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Yes it was fun and also added to the stress
It seems you now need the bill of lading number and there's no way ford are going to give that out especially if 1 bill has multiple vehicles on it

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
I asked Ford A of my Dealers car code via FB yesterday and "Chris" advised me this morning that mine is in Baltimore waiting to be shipped. I assume it goes on a train to West Coast USA and then to Brisbane?

Any idea when it might arrive BNE?

Sponsored

thewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT (soon). '04 Astra Convertible
I asked Ford A of my Dealers car code via FB yesterday and "Chris" advised me this morning that mine is in Baltimore waiting to be shipped. I assume it goes on a train to West Coast USA and then to Brisbane?

You'd think so... but since it is already in Baltimore, it is likely to get on a ship there and travel the Panama Canal

I can't remember the site any more, but there is a tracking site where you can enter your VIN and it will tell you which ship it is put on and the ETA at each port

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Imagine it'll be the same as previous ones so near enough to a month on the ship. Depends on how long it's at the port waiting for a ship though. My first one only waited a bit over a week IIRC while the second waited almost 6 weeks.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase

Nope - not via West Coast. Goes from the Port of Baltimore via the Panama Canal, and then usually a stop off in Auckland to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and then onto Perth. (rail freight is more costly than ocean shipping).

Depart to arrival is around 30/35 days from memory. But being port side in Baltimore can be 30 days or more though.

Once on land here - the delivery to the dealer was relatively quick eventually. Times were often 48/72 hours from landing to trucking to dealer.

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Nope - not via West Coast. Goes from the Port of Baltimore via the Panama Canal, and then usually a stop off in Auckland to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and then onto Perth. (rail freight is more costly than ocean shipping).

Depart to arrival is around 30/35 days from memory. But being port side in Baltimore can be 30 days or more though.

Once on land here - the delivery to the dealer was relatively quick eventually. Times were often 48/72 hours from landing to trucking to dealer.

THANK YOU

If I have the VIN can I track it these days?

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT

Things must have improved since last year. For most people the wait between the ship arriving and actually getting the car was measured in weeks, not hours. It took a month in my case, not helped by every vehicle on the ship needing to be cleaned due to contamination. Probably the cars were driven onto the ship on a wet day. Customs would have required the tyres to all be cleaned before releasing the cars.
Sponsored