Sponsored

Levittown Values Your Business (At About $20)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Ruby Red
Just thought I'd share my last ordering experience with Levittown Ford Parts with you guys so that hopefully you don't have the same thing happen to you.

Yesterday I ordered the GT-350 Track Pack Spoiler from Levittown since they were slightly cheaper than anywhere else and I had a discount code from this forum. I've ordered from them before and never had an issue. Not long after placing the order I got the following email:

Hello [REDACTED], We thank you for your order and we apologize for the inconvenience. The Spoiler is not eligible for the [REDACTED] coupon as it is already on a special. We will need to send you a funds request for $20.00 if you are still interested in this order. Please respond by e-mail to proceed. Thanks, [REDACTED].

I shouldn't have, but I agreed to pay it and informed them that I would not continue to do business with them afterwards. My response:

I will pay the difference since you already have my money, but this will be my last order from Levittown Ford Parts. This certainly isn't the way to keep customers coming back.

And their reply:

You will receive a funds request in a separate e-mail for the difference. We apologize but the the Spoiler is on sale at a special price and we would be selling below cost with the coupon code applied.Thanks for your patience, [REDACTED].

I have included the full text of their correspondence (minus names and the discount code), and you can see that they were not impolite, but they certainly weren't about to give up on $20 just to keep a repeat customer. The website accepted the code without any errors, and most vendors would have eaten the difference from their mistake. Levittown unfortunately didn't see it this way. I've never had a vendor come back after the order and try to charge more. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Since they were slightly cheaper than anywhere else I would have went elsewhere after I sent a copy of the order confirmation and email to the BBB.I understand that they would be selling below cost with the coupon code but that's their problem, more than likely they would have just cancelled the order.Thats how it works nowadays they dont seem to care if you come back.Amazon is the only company Ive found that will bend over backwards to keep you happy.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Ruby Red
Yeah, I immediately regretted paying the extortion to get my parts. I've posted this here, on reddit, and on Twitter (for all the good that'll do). I don't care for Facebook, but I'm tempted to make an account just to share this.

Because of the competitive prices, and because I never had issues with them in the past, I've recommended them to other people. Now I feel bad about that and I'll go out of my way to make sure all of those people know what kind of business Levittown runs.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I haven't bought from them simply because they refuse to use cheaper shipping service for smaller parts. I bought a GT350 starter button from CJPP instead of Levittown for this reason...cost me the same in the end but what's the point of having the best price if they rape you on shipping?

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thread’s a couple of months old, but skimming through the forum.....

I Can’t blame the dealer at all on this one. It’s simple business economics and some times you have to walk away. Losing money doesn’t make money, and you can only give it away for so long before you have to close the doors. They have a great reputation for selling ford parts to the community for some of the lowest prices.

Sounds like an honest situation that they provided an option, not really one I would run them through the mud on .... It’s hardly extortion.

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Sounds like an honest situation that they provided an option, not really one I would run them through the mud on .... It’s hardly extortion.
You're totally off base on this. It's NOT an HONEST situation. They chose not to make good on their error and chose to lose a customer over a $20 mistake.And they lost at least 1 customer and possibly more. They deserve the mud on this one.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
We can agree to disagree on this one .... there wasn’t any mention of their error, only the error of the customer applying a discount code to something that wasn’t applicable.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
they've been good to me, always helpful, its not something ridiculous (at least to me) but i can understand some frustration but only since we just want to buy something and get it as soon as possible without interruptions lol

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
You're totally off base on this. It's NOT an HONEST situation. They chose not to make good on their error and chose to lose a customer over a $20 mistake.And they lost at least 1 customer and possibly more. They deserve the mud on this one.

I'm sure they will survive...

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a programming error that allowed the sale. If I was the vendor I would let him keep the $20 and then go back and immediately fix the problem. It's only $20...sometimes taking a small loss earns more in the long run. People like to know they will be taken care of by a seller when things go awry. I tend to spend more at places like that.

On the part of the buyer, a phone call instead of email might give you a better chance at getting a desired outcome.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Yea I mean it sucks getting asked for more money, but its a forum coupon code......can't really expect much there. Someone mentioned amazon being better or something? I have had them cancel a couple orders for pricing issues. I just accepted it for what it was. When it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If it were me I probably would have just re-shopped the pricing and gotten my money back if I could have found it cheaper. If I couldn't have found it cheaper I wouldn't have been that upset over still getting the best deal....

Kinda absurd to post to 3 different sites about your $20 issue. Its not like you bought a incorrectly advertised part, had money stolen, had them take 6 months to ship, or some other significant money/time issue. While it sucks it seems like the response was over kill for $20, since in my mind if you were buying a $400+ part then $20 shouldn't break the bank.

Not trying to defend any one party just enjoy playing devils advocate on occasion, and trying to point out that to me, it seems you are whining about getting the best possible price on something simply because you were under the impression you could actually get it cheaper than what was already the best price.
Sponsored