Sponsored

X-Plan on New Mustang

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yeah, but I think what he means is if the delership has their own discount of say 3-5k, then it would still be cheaper to go that route. I don't think you can add on x-plan to the top of that?

It is a little confusing though as when I got my car under a-plan a couple years ago, I drove a couple hours to get it "on sale" which was about 2.5k off sticker, but I still ended up calling my family member to get the code, because it saved me another 700 or so in some kind of fees.
If the overall negotiated price is better than Xplan, then Xplan pricing becomes a moot point.

Work up the Xplan to be as complete as possible, print it, have the code and know your Xplan price as you plugged it online THEN go car shopping.

Don't mention Xplan at all - negotiate the deal on the car, if your dealing comes to a stand still and it's NOT lower then your Xplan number (that you know in your head), then reveal Xplan to Sales person. IF the negotiated price is BETTER than what your Xplan was, don't even mention Xplan, because you were able to beat it...

When shopping for any vehicle, watch out for:
Hidden fees (doc or other)
Additional "transport or destination fees"
Advertised price loaded with rebates to lower advertised price, whico not eveyrone can qualify
Inflated DMV doc fees (such as titling, tags, etc).
Shady Finance Dept of Dealer giving you bad interest rate because they are getting kickbacks from X-bank who is a partner who benefits from closed deals.
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The documentation fees that dealers tack on at the end of the deal are limited to $100 with X plan so don't forget that. Also get pre-approved for a loan before going shopping, the dealer will try to point in the direction of their group of banks, if they offer a better rate then take it. I have never failed to get .25 to.5% lower than I have gotten myself from a local bank by being pre-approved.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ive' special ordered 5 Mustangs and a Windstar over the years and have always got the dealer to agree to $100 over invoice ... this has ALWAYS been a better deal than X-Plan !!

When I ordered my 2016 a little over 2 weeks ago (Mustang #5), they offered it to me AT INVOICE before I had a chance to ask for $100 over ... once again, better deal than X-Plan.

Buying something off the lot with holding costs, well maybe X-Plan can be a better deal.

Doug
HI Doug,
saw your post. I am from NE WI as well. I will message you to see if you can give my any insight into dealerships in WI..thanks..

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
The documentation fees that dealers tack on at the end of the deal are limited to $100 with X plan so don't forget that. Also get pre-approved for a loan before going shopping, the dealer will try to point in the direction of their group of banks, if they offer a better rate then take it. I have never failed to get .25 to.5% lower than I have gotten myself from a local bank by being pre-approved.
I was able to get 1% lower than my preapproved loan as well.

This is probably one of the best tactics when buying a new car. Dealerships WANT to make money on the financing when they can!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Unless it has changed since I bought my Mustang in 2015 it is printed right on the X Plan certificate that the doc fee is limited to $100.

I have bought 3 cars on X Plan and the $350 doc fee that is pre printed on the sales agreement has had to be crossed out and be changed to $100.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you consider Expensive or are you talking rare? I mainly go to cars.com and cargurus.com

aznjun06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
I have a question about the X-Plan discount and other rebates. Do they stack? At the moment I've got 2500 off on rebates and the X-Plan is $750 but my dealer tells me that they both doesn't stack. It's not that I don't trust him, I just want to verify. Thanks in advance.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I have a question about the X-Plan discount and other rebates. Do they stack? At the moment I've got 2500 off on rebates and the X-Plan is $750 but my dealer tells me that they both doesn't stack. It's not that I don't trust him, I just want to verify. Thanks in advance.
X-Plan is more than $750. It is .4% below invoice plus $175 admin fee plus it limits the documentation fee to $100. Other rebates that are offered stack on the X Plan price too.

This is all described in the X Plan terms and conditions.

My $33k MSRP Mustang was a little over 31k with X Plan and I also got a standard $750 rebate and a $750 customer loyalty rebate. I got the car for $29.5k

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
In the Atlanta area 17's are $5k off MSRP starting point. Then negotiate your trade in. I've heard of a $1000 cash offer certificate from ford on the Internet . Don't know if you can stack that.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
X-Plan Pricing Increase

Just went online to check the current pricing on a 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium and from January to now there is a price increase of $ 5,500.00

Can we say Ford is jacking up the prices ahead before announcing the 2018 Ford Mustang GT options and prices? :mad:

I can't believe they are doing this. :(

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Just went online to check the current pricing on a 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium and from January to now there is a price increase of $ 5,500.00

Can we say Ford is jacking up the prices ahead before announcing the 2018 Ford Mustang GT options and prices? :mad:

I can't believe they are doing this. :(
You must have been looking at something wrong. I just priced an Ecoboost Premium just like the one I purchased January 15 and the MSRP was only $800 more than it was in 15. I had also considered a base GT back then too and that price has only increased about $800 too.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
X-Plan Pricing Spreadsheet Jpeg

Put this together today, any members that see any errors just let me know.
I think I nailed this down for anyone looking to purchase a new Ford with the
X-Plan. - Enjoy ;)
X-Plan.jpeg
Sponsored