Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Most of the changes are for euro reason. Lower hood for eu regulation for crash test, the curvy tribar so that people on the side of the can easily see it. Dual setting exhaust while is cool also helps pass regulation for noise in Asian countries
the front was already low enough, it's definitely not EU law to lower it even further

Tribars are deactivted for the european model - According to several people the main reason was that by eu law a car is not allowed to have white light casting to the side. That's the opposite of what you say.
I can't see a big difference in the positioning between FL and pre-FL, so i doubt they changed the tribars for law.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Most of the changes are for euro reason. Lower hood for eu regulation for crash test, the curvy tribar so that people on the side of the can easily see it. Dual setting exhaust while is cool also helps pass regulation for noise in Asian countries
Nope :)

The "rest of the world" Mustang has always used an "active hood" that deploys in the event of a front end crash. The EU Pedestrian Impact legislation doesn't require a low hood, it requires a certain amount of space between the hood and the highest "high point" under hood.....usually the engine. The active hood is designed to pop up from just below the windshield end to deflect a pedestrian's head.

And our front DRLs were deactivated because they could be seen from the side.

I have to say, I do like the pony in the headlamps :cool:

attachment.jpg

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
the front was already low enough, it's definitely not EU law to lower it even further

Tribars are deactivted for the european model - According to several people the main reason was that by eu law a car is not allowed to have white light casting to the side. That's the opposite of what you say.
I can't see a big difference in the positioning between FL and pre-FL, so i doubt they changed the tribars for law.
Lmao I felt I was wrong on some accounts so I deleted my post but you responded in time before deletion
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION]
What kind of reasoning is that? They do think the DRL Is going to blind someone?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
We all wanted hood vents in the UK, now it seems that we will get them, we don't want them, haha. They do look kind of stuck on and out of place though. :D

Cowl or just big center bulge hood for sure, then it looks much better and GT 350 like, current hood just looks too tame and the vents look tacky and stuck on.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I have a feeling Ford will revisit the hood vent design before the release. Something cosmetic & minor as those can be redesigned to look better and they have about 3-4 months to accomplish it.
That's what I'm thinking also. If the vent could be lifted up some, then they are probably just temporary mock-ups for the display cars. Ford needs to make them sit flush around the bezel like they do on the 15-17 GTs.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Do they really need the ponies in the headlights?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Do they really need the ponies in the headlights?
Of course they don't need them......but I think they look cool!

Jaguar do something similar with theirs......look for the small leaping cat to the left :)

JAGUARSTORIES_HEADLIGHTS_FPACE_desktop_1366x650_tcm91-233122_desktop_1366x650.jpg

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
The sloping hood at the front makes it look like the new Miata front end actually ... proportions are better on '15-'17 IMO.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
The hood and nose are a mess. I have tried to give it a chance to grow on me , but the more I look at it the worse it gets. Do they internally focus group these changes?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Correct about the Tribars,
also on the EU cars you have the Pedestrian Protection hood, which the 2018 now has?
All the other tech was taken away to save money as the EU cars got a lot of the PP stuff as standard and also got the auto wipers, which you need to get the acc package in the US
This hood is much more suited to the EU cars. I love my 2016 CS hood

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Removing the higher sitting hood/cowl is really what makes the car less aggressive. I think the 18 looks good but I've had a whole week to try and be completely on board and I'm still not so I doubt I will be. I look forward to seeing what the aftermarket provides for it then maybe it might be a considering maybe in '19.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Great pictures and insights! Thanks for posting this.

I can see where you're coming from in your opinion here.

IMO, it's a wash in the looks department. At first, I thought the '15-'17 cars looked a lot better but now, I like them about the same...at least from hours of staring at pics of the '18 and not seeing one in person yet. :D

With the improved motor in the GT and a few other nice upgrades, I'm much more interested in the '18, even if it's not better looking.

Again, thanks for positing this up!! LOL at the vent...that has to be a prototype issue.
Sponsored