Sponsored

Finally installed Paxton

spitfirecwp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have had a Paxton Beefcake special and torque booster kit sitting in my living room since October, well I finally put it all together. I haven't started datalogging yet, but I wanted to give you all my first thoughts. Pre-face, I am a single dad and also a 1sg in the Army; I say this so you all understand how trying to fit time in to put it together is tuff. So.... for anyone who is thinking of paying someone to install it, your crazy. Over the course of three different nights putting in no more then 2 hours at a time I had it done. Honestly the most difficult part to do is taking the front bumper off and changing the spark plugs out (passenger rear plug to be exact) but this was only because my spark plug socket was a little short. I did save my self some time by going out and getting some extra hose so i didn't have to cut and splice as many lines as it wanted, also I bout different hose clamps. As far as the kit, everything was there inside the box except one of the larger hose clamps, it came with one extra next size down so it was probably a simple mistake of grabbing the wrong one. My car fired right up without hesitation, the only issue I have seen as of right now with letting the car idle for 15 mins is a small coolant leak on the top radiator hose. Super small issue I just re adjusted the hose and clamp and its all good. I will update this as I get tuned, but please do your self a favor and do it yourself. It is hella easy.
Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Yeah I agree it's a fairly straight forward install especially with Paxton instructions. I'm in the process of doing some of it again to install my billet OPG's.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I have had a Paxton Beefcake special and torque booster kit sitting in my living room since October, well I finally put it all together. I haven't started datalogging yet, but I wanted to give you all my first thoughts. Pre-face, I am a single dad and also a 1sg in the Army; I say this so you all understand how trying to fit time in to put it together is tuff. So.... for anyone who is thinking of paying someone to install it, your crazy. Over the course of three different nights putting in no more then 2 hours at a time I had it done. Honestly the most difficult part to do is taking the front bumper off and changing the spark plugs out (passenger rear plug to be exact) but this was only because my spark plug socket was a little short. I did save my self some time by going out and getting some extra hose so i didn't have to cut and splice as many lines as it wanted, also I bout different hose clamps. As far as the kit, everything was there inside the box except one of the larger hose clamps, it came with one extra next size down so it was probably a simple mistake of grabbing the wrong one. My car fired right up without hesitation, the only issue I have seen as of right now with letting the car idle for 15 mins is a small coolant leak on the top radiator hose. Super small issue I just re adjusted the hose and clamp and its all good. I will update this as I get tuned, but please do your self a favor and do it yourself. It is hella easy.
Glad to hear it was easy. I'm thinking about doing mine tomorrow, so this makes me feel good. :cheers:

spacemarine83

2017 Grabber Blue GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/6spd
1SG,

Outstanding! This may very well be the tipping point to get me into going FI on my 17GT. Now I have to talk to the wife about it, as it is her gift to me for retiring from the Army and she may want to drive it in the future.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice!!!!!
Sponsored