Sponsored

Which tuner for GT350 intake mani, TB and air intake

BlueSpirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello guys I need help on which tuner to get for my car, I will be running the gt350 intake manifold with the 87mm TB and the air intake all oem. But before I install all this I will get the headers too. I'm from South Texas so it would have to be mail tune/tuner. Thanks
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

I have tried both Lund & JDM for the 350 setup. I went through about 10 tune revisions with Lund to get it driving right on the 350 throttle body. We got it driving pretty nice, still a little touchy when cold but nothing to really cause any real concern. The Lund tune made incredible power and was very punchy and snappy with 30-31 degrees timing at WOT on Octane 93.

The issue with the Lund tune is even when using the stock throttle body the gas pedal effort is very sensitive almost like it is pedal maxed, no matter what they have tried its always felt like that, of course they improved it but even on the latest and final revision wet is normal, normal is more sensitive than race. Even after numerous updates they say no more can be done. Don't get me wrong the car drives nice, makes great power but I wish for a more stock like gas pedal.

So JDM offered me a discounted price as I wanted to try their tune, at the moment I am on the first revision. First thing the gas pedal is the complete opposite, lazy just like a bone stock car, infact a little too lazy but I prefer this over it being over-sensitive. But the JDM tune surges terribly cold and once fully warm it drives OK but still seems to surge a little making throttle feel a little un-natural and really feels like it is lacking power. Seeing 24-26 WOT timing which could explain the power loss. But this is the first revision tune, I sent them datalogs and hoping they will try to remedy my points and turn the timing up some more.

For me Lund has the power and response with no surge but the throttle mapping needs work, but in fairness the customer support is fantastic, they have really tried to help and always quick to respond, sometimes I had a tune revision within an hour. But someone at Lund needs to dig deep into the base tune, my guess is they must still have some torque tables and DBW tables which are turned up over stock which my tuner at Lund has not discovered. Lund 350 TB tunes do have rev hang, they say its not possible to disable, does not really bother me though but I know some hate this.

JDM is still early days yet, but they seem to have the throttle mapping worked out, hey in their tune even rev hang is gone completely, but the tune lacks response and power, but this is first revision so hopefully they can resolve those points. I sent them my logs this weekend and hope they respond tomorrow, also a nice bonus of JDM tune is no lift shifting enabled.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I have the Lund tune. I'm very happy so far. It is a little touchy when cold. But I always drove my car on track mode before. Now I usually drive in normal. No complaints from me.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Lund tune. I'm very happy so far. It is a little touchy when cold. But I always drove my car on track mode before. Now I usually drive in normal. No complaints from me.

I am not knocking Lund at all as the car makes fantastic power and is so responsive it snaps your neck. Those who like a sensitive gas pedal will love it, for me that is a downside, otherwise Lund tune is spot on.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ken Bjonnes, Palm Beach Dyno

I did speak with Ken, he said he could get it driving perfect, but on stock throttle body, he did not seem keen at all to tune the 350 TB, otherwise I'd have gone with Ken as he is pretty much the best there is.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I am not knocking Lund at all as the car makes fantastic power and is so responsive it snaps your neck. Those who like a sensitive gas pedal will love it, for me that is a downside, otherwise Lund tune is spot on.
That's odd. My gas pedal behaves identically to stock in each mode with my Lund tune. I wonder what the cause was.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's odd. My gas pedal behaves identically to stock in each mode with my Lund tune. I wonder what the cause was.

Well I spoke with them numerous times, they said all possibilities were exhausted now. I am on 350 TB and 350 CAI. Are you?

I did try stock TB as well, in some ways it drove smoother, certainly better when cold, lost about 10HP up top but even the stock TB felt like the gas pedal had a pedal max too.

It is 100% the tune, but if Lund say there is no more they can do then not much else I can do, I know its tune as JDM tune has the gas pedal fine.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Well I spoke with them numerous times, they said all possibilities were exhausted now. I am on 350 TB and 350 CAI. Are you?

I did try stock TB as well, in some ways it drove smoother, certainly better when cold, lost about 10HP up top but even the stock TB felt like the gas pedal had a pedal max too.

It is 100% the tune, but if Lund say there is no more they can do then not much else I can do, I know its tune as JDM tune has the gas pedal fine.
I'm only on the basemap for my GT350 manifold with stock TB right now. Just got the manifold on today. But even with the completely new tune, the gas pedal feels like stock in all modes.

Not saying you're wrong or anything. Just sharing my experience.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm only on the basemap for my GT350 manifold with stock TB right now. Just got the manifold on today. But even with the completely new tune, the gas pedal feels like stock in all modes.

Not saying you're wrong or anything. Just sharing my experience.

In fairness on stock TB did not really ask Lund to try dialling that back, as the focus has always being on sorting the 350 TB. I suspect if Lund applied all the torque table tweaks and drive by wire tweaks they did to the 350 TB to improve it would make the stock TB feel like stock. :)

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I have the Lund tune with Ngauge but I never uploaded it. I was using JDM to install my GT350 intake manifold and GT350TB along with headers and they talked me into using their tune.

I ended up leaving the shop with with the stock TB and after months of trying to get an appointment to get back in the shop to get the GT350 TB installed and the correct tune installed I gave up and asked them to send me back my GT350TB.

I can't compare their tune to others but I can tell you how my tune from them is. When I got the car back it was warmer. Car was a little surgey before it came up to full operating temp. After that, it drove well. Feels insanely fast. Pedal is very sensitive but I have to say they did warn me about that and said they can dial it back.

Now that its colder it surges much more when it's cold. I'm not a picky guy, but even I find it tough to deal with. Drives well after warm up, but the throttle response feels even more sensitive now that its colder.

Keep in mind that is with the stock TB. From what I had heard they did not have the tune on the GT350TB down.

I'm going to switch back to Lund as soon as I have some time to sort out switching tunes from an SCT to an Ngauge.
Sponsored