MSD 2 Step

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Anyone use one of these on an automatic? If so, what do you use to trigger the 2 step? I know manuals cars use the clutch, but cant think of anything on the automatic.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
U can use a toggle switch to activate it,i have a manual and thats how im going to hook mine up.Pretty sure the switch just grounds the circuit.

Silver Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Procharged Auto Silver
yes , I used a toggle switch for when I wanted it to be activated & from the toggle switch to the brake switch on the brake peddle . used a test light to find the wire on the brake switch that was off when you let off the brake.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Mine is wired to my brake. I just hold one foot on the brake and put the gas pedal to the floor. No toggle switch.

Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Do you have a converter?
Yes, Circle D 3b. I have my 2 step set at 3300 and cut 1.4's on 20's. You can hear it in this video right before I take off....

OP
OP
Adaraas

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Yes, Circle D 3b. I have my 2 step set at 3300 and cut 1.4's on 20's. You can hear it in this video right before I take off....

You dont have anything to switch it off for the burnout? Is that why your car makes that sound during it?

GHOSTRACER

Midlife Crisis......Again
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
From what I'm reading, this will not work on a 16 due to wiring differences, can anyone confirm/deny?

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
From what I'm reading, this will not work on a 16 due to wiring differences, can anyone confirm/deny?
That sound you are hearing is a leaf blower blowing off the burnout box, haha. I just use the factory line lock, no problems.

bry9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I sent a message to Terry at Beefcake racing asking about this ,and he said they are the same.

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
That sound you are hearing is a leaf blower blowing off the burnout box, haha. I just use the factory line lock, no problems.

How do you do a burnout in 2nd gear at 6k if the limiter is set at 3200. In the video it sounds like you keep hitting the limiter?

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How do you do a burnout in 2nd gear at 6k if the limiter is set at 3200. In the video it sounds like you keep hitting the limiter?
No idea, I have my 2 step set at 3300rpm, and I use the factory line lock. I just activate my line lock, do a burnout, then mash both pedals to the floor and she cuts 1.40's on 20's. I am not hitting a rev limiter at all though, I feather the throttle during my burnout to avoid hitting the rev limit/redline. No activation/toggle switch either, 2 step is wired to my brake pedal

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Using the stock line lock you take your foot off the brake once its activated. Therefore no 2 step. Only way it would work unless you had a second switch to disable it to do an old school gas/brake at same time burnout.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
They will not work on any gt built after march of 16'. They changed the coil packs and the harness. I know this for a fact as I have the new style coil packs and the msd two step and they do not match. It is possible if you spliced on the old plugs and changed out coil packs but it would not be plug and play.

bry9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
They will not work on any gt built after march of 16'. They changed the coil packs and the harness. I know this for a fact as I have the new style coil packs and the msd two step and they do not match. It is possible if you spliced on the old plugs and changed out coil packs but it would not be plug and play.
Thanks, i was about to purchase them.
Sponsored