Sponsored

Boost Works Twin Turbo Build Suggestions

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
So I am getting close to having my full kit here from boostworks and as I near my final install I am looking for any other recommendations to finish off my build. Here is a quick run down of current mods.

-opg and crankshaft gear
-boostworks twin 58bb comp turbo kit
-3" bassani exhaust
-Id1000 injectors, sai li fuel system for e85
-DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft with safety loop
-1400hp axles
-complete bmr rear suspension setup(all bushings, arms, etc)
-bmr springs
-Viking crusader double adjustable shocks
-Turbosmart eboost2 boost controller
-jms transbrake(may not use after much reading)
-jlt catch can setup
-ngauge setup w Lund tuning

Looking to make 800whp and daily drive this car(though not my only car) anything I'm missing? Spark plugs? Anything you have seen or ran into that sticks out as missing or recommended?
Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Excellent supporting mods. Very smart move getting the suspension ready for extra power. Any plan for extra cooling? under boost, that engine gets hot very fast, at least a better radiator & fans. Also a better ventilated hood to get the heat out of engine bay, especially when the car comes to stop or you shutdown the engine. Don't trap all the heat under the hood.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Blankets and header wrap if you aren't having boost works coat your hot side.
Maybe oil filter relocation kit.
Brakes and wide sticky tires.
Rear window stickers about Camaro guys' moms.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Our kit doesn't seem to increase under hood temps much over what you would see with long tubes.

We've had good luck with methanol injection on IAT in warmer climates. Usually can squeeze a degree or 2 more timing in.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Excellent supporting mods. Very smart move getting the suspension ready for extra power. Any plan for extra cooling? under boost, that engine gets hot very fast, at least a better radiator & fans. Also a better ventilated hood to get the heat out of engine bay, especially when the car comes to stop or you shutdown the engine. Don't trap all the heat under the hood.
Is anyone seen issues with heat problems? I haven't read any body talk about it, not that it isn't happening. If so are there any options other than mishimoto?

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Is anyone seen issues with heat problems? I haven't read any body talk about it, not that it isn't happening. If so are there any options other than mishimoto?
Just to clarify one point, I did not mean to say BW Twin Turbo adds more heat. I was saying under boost (More air and more fuel getting burnt) there is more heat generated from any F/I kit. You can see ZL1 has 11 type of cooling system. to cool off water, oil, transmission and etc. due to higher performance.

For example as the oil and water circles through turbos, that extra heat need to be released before entering into the engine block. The existing radiator was designed for N/A and you need to beef that up and also add oil cooling system.
If not, the heat (# 1 destroyer) will reduce the life of the engine and drive-train. Hope this helps!

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Just to clarify one point, I did not mean to say BW Twin Turbo adds more heat. I was saying under boost (More air and more fuel getting burnt) there is more heat generated from any F/I kit. You can see ZL1 has 11 type of cooling system. to cool off water, oil, transmission and etc. due to higher performance.

For example as the oil and water circles through turbos, that extra heat need to be released before entering into the engine block. The existing radiator was designed for N/A and you need to beef that up and also add oil cooling system.
If not, the heat (# 1 destroyer) will reduce the life of the engine and drive-train. Hope this helps!

I get the heat control issue you are referring to. It is by no means a bad idea to beef up the cars ability to control it with all of this added heat, I was curious if anyone has talked about any direct issues with heat like in older body styles? It may be I just haven't seen any talk of it.

Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Anything on the spark plugs? Maybe I should just call Lund?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
You'll want to go a heat range colder for sure. And if you want to make more than 800 on E85 you'll need more than the Sai Li system. Lund limits to that ballpark power on that system from what I've heard.

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm not sure I would worry about your cooling system unless you were doing very extended racing. I'm making over 1100rwhp and don't really have a problem with my factory cooling system.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
You'll want to go a heat range colder for sure. And if you want to make more than 800 on E85 you'll need more than the Sai Li system. Lund limits to that ballpark power on that system from what I've heard.
Any other specifics on the plugs other than one heat range colder? Brand or type?

I didn't plan on more than 800whp as the stock motor doesn't like much more than that.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
A reische 170* Tstat If you want to do something small that makes a difference to the cooling system.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Any other specifics on the plugs other than one heat range colder? Brand or type?

I didn't plan on more than 800whp as the stock motor doesn't like much more than that.
I'm running brisk. Guys seem to usually run those or NGK. I gapped mine at .030". Agree also on the 170 tstat.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
set aside money for fuel and tires :cheers:
Sponsored