Sponsored

GT350 or GT and something else?

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I love, love, love my 2015 GT coupe. But...

It's not a Shelby GT350.

In a practical sense, there's no reason for me to buy a GT350. No track, just driving. But, they are awesome and the best Mustangs currently available.

So, do I get one? Or use the extra $$$ in another way? Figuring an additional $30k to upgrade from my current GT.

Keep the GT and use that money to..maybe get a GT convertible, get an older Mustang, upgrade my current GT?

Note that my GT is a daily driver. If I get a GT350, I wouldn't want it as a daily driver. So, I'd end up kicking in extra $$$$ for some other cheap car to drive in bad weather.

I'm leaning towards getting an older Mustang as an additional car. I've never had a classic car and have always wanted one. May end up being a money pit.

Just looking for feedback from GT350 owners.

Thanks.
Sponsored

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Love my gt350, it's my first non dd car and as much as I want to drive it somehow I feel it's too special to put winter tires on. I would not be able to own a gt knowing a gt350 exists. It truly feels special to me and because of this I will be able to overlook some of its downfalls, something I wasn't able to do in the past with my daily drivers.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Theres no other car like the GT350. There are other differences besides just the motor, but to me that was the main focus, so I asked myself: Is the motor worth the ~$20k+ difference?

After owning the car for 4 months, absofuckinglutely. Try to find one near you to test drive. Its one of those cars that you have to experience for yourself. This is an affordable car that transcends the brand itself. I feel like there's no other car like it from any other car company anywhere close to this price point.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I would probably be in a Porsche right now if the GT350 didn't exist. The GT PP wasn't even on my radar.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
Spend 30k, and more in a daily driver?

Well, if you can do this with zero monetary worries, go for it. Do you own a home? Do you save for retirement? If so, I'm all for this move.

The car and watch gods know full well I've made some really dumb moves in my day. I mean...really dumb

So who am I to say? But you asked.

And if money is a concern and your not thinking big picture, this is definitely a stupid move.

If you said you hated your GT, ok, that's fair. But you are going to spend a small fortune to move on from something you love? Again, if money isn't an issue, rock on.

If it is, save up. Save some for long term. Wait for the next big thing...because it's coming.

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Hey OP, not sure if this helps, but I often wonder if I made a mistake. I don't track, just enjoy as a toy car. But I definitely drive it. The GT350's performance is every bit worth value difference, it is that much better. That said, to really enjoy that performance you are indeed driving at excessive speeds. You want to take this car to redline, and you're at almost 90mph after 2nd gear.

I too loved by GTPP, and often wished I still had it. So comfortable, smooth, plenty fast, etc. I could have bought a Focus RS or used sports car for the upgrade cost. None are at the level of the GT350.

So I guess you just have to ask what you'd enjoy more, a very exotic feeling GT350 or two good cars that both put smiles on your face.

If I could do it all over again, I would have waited for '17 convenience package to get the luxury I prefer, or not even traded at all and bought a second toy in addition to my GT.

I love my GT350, so I refuse to do anything rash and lose money on it. Maybe I end up keeping it for a long time, maybe it goes if the deal is right. The one thing I do know, I doubt I will ever own anything as ridiculous (in a good way) as the Voodoo engine in my life.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
If I was in a cold climate, and already had a GT, I would go for an all wheel drive Sunday driver...can probably get a decent deal on a CPO Audi all wheel drive.

Tat2bass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT350
I made the switch from a '15 Gt to a '16 GT350. Worth every penny. They don't compare at all. Literally within 5 miles of driving it, you'll know how special the car is and why people love it the way they do. I too considered upgrading my GT, dropping a lot of money into it. But went for the 350 instead. So glad I did. The GT350 is one of those cars that isn't quantifiable with numbers alone. Its a car that as a car guy, you drive it, and you just know.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I'm in the same boat.

I have a 2011 GT (no brembos) that I've owned since new. I do autocross and do some HPDEs so I have been a craving a more track focused Mustang ... but kind of hard to part with something when you grown attached to it.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I bought my 15 GT/PP in November of 14, thinking there is no way I'd be able to get ahold of a 350 because of the limited #'s in 15. So I stuck a bunch of $ in my GT/PP with FI exhaust, suspension. Well my Ford dealer knew I wanted the 350, and I've bought several cars from them, called and told me I could order a 16 anyway I wanted, but I had to make a decision in 1 hour or he had another guy that wants it, but he liked me better!! So now I have both,,,,a drag car and a track car. I'd sell my 15 GT/PP but the hit I'd take money wise, I'd rather keep it.
IMG_3219.jpg

Sponsored

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I know exactly how you are feeling OP. The desire for the GT350 is strong. It's a special car.

Traded my 15 GT PP and never looked back. I still will pick up another ride for a ful time DD in the near future. Is there a 18 GT convertible in my future?

IMO if you can afford the hit on the trade and can purchase the GT350 without being compromised financially, then sure why not? Otherwise the GT is awesome... I'd keep it and save the extra 30k. Sometimes I think I should have kept it as my DD.

Good luck.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I love, love, love my 2015 GT coupe. But...

It's not a Shelby GT350.

In a practical sense, there's no reason for me to buy a GT350. No track, just driving. But, they are awesome and the best Mustangs currently available.

So, do I get one? Or use the extra $$$ in another way? Figuring an additional $30k to upgrade from my current GT.

Keep the GT and use that money to..maybe get a GT convertible, get an older Mustang, upgrade my current GT?

Note that my GT is a daily driver. If I get a GT350, I wouldn't want it as a daily driver. So, I'd end up kicking in extra $$$$ for some other cheap car to drive in bad weather.

I'm leaning towards getting an older Mustang as an additional car. I've never had a classic car and have always wanted one. May end up being a money pit.

Just looking for feedback from GT350 owners.

Thanks.
all classic cars are money pits. if you go that route, buy " completely needs to be built" or "completely built and finished". dont buy anything in between, else you'll end up building it anyway.

The gt350 is worth owning.

tough call.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I was thinking of keeping my 2011 and going with a Focus RS as a 2nd car.

But the markups on those around here, plus the need to get winter tires and another parking spot, more insurance per month makes me really question that and say "why not just go for the end all be all GT350 and be done with it".

Also I hear the RS is not a great track or autocross car ironically, everyone says still too pushy that will require aftermarket camber plates to correct and the 'RDU' (their fancy name for the rear axle) is computer set to shut down whenever it sees high temperatures (aka a normal 6-9 run auto x group session). Not good especially when theres an ADM on those... for what , hype?

However for me, I think the decision is set for me to trade it in as I do not use the car to commute to work everyday. That is the deciding line. The lowly GT is a better street car in that regard...

Also I've always wanted to own a speciality mustang and I missed out on the Mach 1 in '03 and jumped the gun on the '11 before really considering a Boss (it wasn't that much more expensive, d'oh!).
Sponsored

Last edited: