Going from boosted to NA

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
After 2 years of frustration and thousands of dollars wasted on parts and tunes I've decided to get rid of my pro charger stage 2 set up. The car won't idle right and seems to fall flat at 3500 rpm and can't seem to get out of its own way. It has actually taken all the fun out of driving this car. Has anyone else made the switch back to natural aspiration?
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow!
Did you have an experienced shop do the install? Did you have an experienced tuner dynotune/data log/tune the car? Maybe it's just a simple fix as a loose fitting or something?
Have you reached out to ProCharger??

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
I had all of that stuff checked. The tuner said there's no boost or vacuum leaks. I'm really just done dealing with it. I've not reached out to procharger since the first time that they couldn't fix the surge issue and every response that I've seen them post about other guys problems is that all the cars in Kansas run like factory hot rods or how so and do's car runs great. I'm starting to think hunk that none of the procharger cars run that great on the street and that the only time they run good is at the track when they get launched at 4000 rpm.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had all of that stuff checked. The tuner said there's no boost or vacuum leaks. I'm really just done dealing with it. I've not reached out to procharger since the first time that they couldn't fix the surge issue and every response that I've seen them post about other guys problems is that all the cars in Kansas run like factory hot rods or how so and do's car runs great. I'm starting to think hunk that none of the procharger cars run that great on the street and that the only time they run good is at the track when they get launched at 4000 rpm.
Well, just to give you a counterpoint... I recently installed, all by myself, a stage 2 procharger kit on my brand new 2017 with 4,000 miles and im currently running the stock procharger tune. Car is running great. There are a couple areas that could likely be improved upon with a custom tune, but overall driveability is fine and the thing runs like a mofo. They did forget to include one thing in their kit... an extra set of front brake pads to slow this beast down!!!

Something is up with you car if it won't idle. Mine idles perfect at 750rpm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
I guess I should've said this earlier but I'm also getting ready to move my family across the country and need to sell my car. The poor performance and previous problems have just made the decision to sell the car a little bit easier so I'm going to put the car back to factory and sell it. I was just wondering if anyone here had done it before, how long it took, and if they ran into any issues.

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That really sucks to hear that. But I have to say that mine runs flawlessly. And so do most. Under normal driving conditions, you would have no idea it had a supercharger. And I've never taken mine to the track, nor do I plan to. It's a daily driver.

I hope everything goes smoothly returning to stock though. Good luck.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I went back to NA on my last car before the insurance company took it away(totaled). It was actually really easy uninstalling the kit. As long as you have the stock tune, injectors, vacuum lines, and stock intake you should be good.

Good to hear all the good news about Ken. I've been working with him for the past couple weeks on my tune. :headbang:

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
I'd love to be able to take the time to retune and figure out why my car runs so weird but I might have to sell my car to car max or something like that and if my car is not carb compliant I won't be able to sell it or I'll end up upside down by several grand.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Selling it to car max is a horrible idea. Sell it out right. Youve already lost enough money in it. Why would you think losing quite a few thousands more on what you're already losing is a good idea?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
can you get a tune from Procharger that will let you run without the belt? Then either work on it at the destination or sell it when you have more time.

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
I would love to sell it outright but i couldn't sell this car to another person the way that it is and feel good about it. If I have time after I've put it back to stock then I'll try and sell it out right. Car max is a last resort. Hell, I don't think anyone would buy it with the way it runs right now. I know I wouldn't. If any of you would like to buy it let me know. Ha

OP
OP
Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
can you get a tune from Procharger that will let you run without the belt? Then either work on it at the destination or sell it when you have more time.
Probably but I'm just tired of messing with it and putting money in to it. After 2 years of the same old crap I'm done. It's time to just cut my loses and move on.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Boosted to NA

You never go full retarded lol

Sorry you plan on doing that man
Sponsored