Sponsored

Driveshaft and axles

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Looks like the second stage of modification will be underway. Looking for advice.
I will be replacing the axles and driveshaft. I also plan looking into the Steeda setup to eliminate wheel hop. I want to eliminate all the weak spots before I go to the track. I can't wait to see what it will/should run.

I pretty certain that the 1400 hp axles are no brainer since I may add a power adder later.

I was wondering how many lbs they add?

The question is I see a lot of people complaining of vibrations from the aluminum shaft. I also know that there is probably only 1 lb difference in CF and Alum. Is it worth spending the extra money? I only want to do it once. Im hoping that the driveshaft offsets the weight of the axles.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I have a dynotech aluninum ds, and ford racing half shafts (1400 hp), no vibration at any speed! You dont need a cf d.s. ....

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a dynotech aluninum ds, and ford racing half shafts (1400 hp), no vibration at any speed! You dont need a cf d.s. ....

Thank you for the reply.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I have DSS 1400hp half shafts and their 4" aluminum drive shaft. No vibrations or extra noise.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have DSS 1400hp half shafts and their 4" aluminum drive shaft. No vibrations or extra noise.
Do you think the car felt exactly the same after the install, the driveshaft being lighter vs heavier shaft? Any difference?

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Thats tough for me to answer. I installed a twin disk and Whipple at the same time, plus a few other small things. So cant really answer the heavy vs light. But 100% say i have no adverse affect from it. Only NVH is from my twin disk. If i ignore the sound from my clutch and drive normal, car feels better than before the swaps.

Now im not sure if its just my car, but if i'm at a red light in neutral when i go into first i hear and feel a thud in my rear end. Mods besides above are bmr cb005.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Whether the shaft is heavy or light has nothing to do with the shaft being properly balanced and not vibrating. But to answer your question i had a perfect balance with my stock shaft and i have the same thing with my Aluminum shaft. The dynotech ds is stronger and lighter thus reducing the parasitic drivetrain loss which is increased with an auto over a manual transmission! I have zero nvh as well!
Sponsored