Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
There was so many upset people that want to change their vote now that the official ford pictures and content have come out that I am restarting the poll to make people happy. Official release with pictures can be seen here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74118

I don't want to hear anymore complaining once you go see the car in person! :lol:

This year is already filled with enough remorse over voting :D
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So where's the poll? :D

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Really...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Aaaaand there it is.

OP
OP
dron_jones

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Aaaaand there it is.
Its silly the way the website does it, posts the thread first until you finish filling out the poll in the second screen. You guys are too quick on the responses!

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I went from resounding "No" to indifferent. I don't hate it, but it does not look better than the 15-17. Some of the cheap retro details look like crap, droopy face aside.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Don't know about everyone else but I am happy with how I voted in the election. That being said we should probably stay away from politics. =)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I still voted 'waiting to see it in person'....

I liken this refresh to when the New Edge bowed. A little more angular here and there, but largely the same in many ways. I hated that when it came out, and grew to like it enough to have my '01 Bullitt.

However, the '18 is hit and miss for me in photos, some I like and some I really don't. Darker colors look better. I do think the '15-'17 front end is more in touch with the rest of the body design. The front end of the '18 looks too tacked on to me, like a Torino Talladega....but not in a good way.

The rear, meh. Hardly noticed the differences at first, other than the quad pipes.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford Engineers have taken the bad ass look away for kindlier and gentler
version. . almost Hondaish

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Ford Engineers have taken the bad ass look away for kindlier and gentler
version. . almost Hondaish
Kinder and gentler?

Who would have thought the S550 would ever have the reputation of a "bad ass look" considering the absolute HATE it got for being like the Fusion.

All this proves is that people are fickle, flighty and inconsistent.

Sponsored

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
The new photos have softened my view enough that I changed my vote from "hate it" to "I'll wait til I see it in person". I'm still glad I bought my 2016, though. :)

Whoever did the original press videos and photography didn't do Ford any favors.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
There was so many upset people that want to change their vote now that the official ford pictures and content have come out that I am restarting the poll to make people happy. Official release with pictures can be seen here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74118

I don't want to hear anymore complaining once you go see the car in person! :lol:

:D, we got Boris, mind you he is a fun guy :lol: and of course the screw up that is Brexit !!

As for the voting, same as before
I jumped to quick with the Mk1, gave it hell, then ended up with a 2016 CS
So this time want to see it in the metal as that is what changed my mind last time, seeing the Black Shadow.
Love the Digital Dash and the quad active exhaust, but hate the hood and the spoiler. The hood is to weak looking now, no ridges or bulge
Love my 2016, Still get a buzz from seeing my LHS hood indicator as i turn, such a cool feature. and i prefer the Shark DRLs, the new ones don't look like a Shark anymore !!

Last edited:

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
Changed my answer to yes. The more I look at the pictures the more I like it. It reminds me in some sort of way to the 2010-12. How the tip of the hood is lower and the lights are pointing forward and downwards. The magnetic made me fall in love with it. I'm excited about the active exhaust and magneride. I only wish the LCD display allowed me to change the tach/speed fonts to more 70s style and I'm also concern about the price. At the moment the magnetic, premier red-line, premium GT with PP is just under $42K. Most likely the premium trim will go up $1K, the PP probably will go up $500, plus another $1K for magneride (I hope) and $500 to $1K for active exhaust?
If I can get all the aforementioned options for under $45K, I'll pull the trigger sometime in early 2018. If not, I'll probably pull the trigger on a leftover 2017 this summer.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
My answer is still yes...although I answered the first poll after the official pics and information was released. As mentioned in other threads, I was initially turned off by the cream corn color of the car as well as triangles/trapezoids in the lower front fascia. After seeing the official pics though, I had a 180.

I like the lower hood in the profile as well as the revised tail end. And (I know I'm in the minority here), I like the headlights better. One thing that bugged me about the current model was the Giugiaro style lights. The new ones are slightly changed, but to my eye, look better. I also like how they look recessed relative to where the bottom of the headlight meets the bumper. I can live with the lower front fascia.

Also, the new upgrades are enough for me to pull the trigger this fall/winter. Looking forward to seeing Kona Blue in person. I'm very excited.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
The designers of the 15-17 spoke about this shark-inspired design, but I never really saw it. Now they nailed the shark appearance. Funny how turning the headlights upside down can do that. The front end also reminds me of a Jaguar f-type. There's just something more mature about the design that I like. I hated it in the video leaks but the official photos have me sold. Everything that bothered me about the S550 design is finally solved with this one.

Wished they had saved Guard for this design...oh well, here's hoping Highland Green makes an appearance on this refresh.
Sponsored