Sponsored

GT350 for weekends only? What do you daily drive?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
  • Banned
Just sold my '13 5.0 over the weekend and got a beater v6 '00 Accord (83k miles). I miss my 5.0, but looking forward to the next ride.

Anyways, what do you guys drive if the GT350 is a weekend warrior/Friday/sunny days only car?

I think once I get the next car, I will appreciate the DD along with the weekend car more. I ride my vrod to work too, only on sunny days.
Sponsored

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Depends on the day. :headbang:

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
HHRSS, 3500 4x4 Diesel but mostly I drive the GT350.

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've had so many damn cars but I've downsized recently. I have two daily drivers, a 2015 Explorer Police Utility Ecoboost (pretty much an Explorer Sport without all the bells and whistles) and a 2008 VW Jetta GLI. I drive the Explorer the most because it's one of the better daily drivers I've had except for the small gas tank and fairly crappy MPG. However, it gets down the road pretty well. The VW can get around 32 MPG on the highway and isn't a bad driver either. It's the car I take if I'm worried about door dings or difficult parking.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've had so many damn cars but I've downsized recently. I have two daily drivers, a 2015 Explorer Police Utility Ecoboost (pretty much an Explorer Sport without all the bells and whistles) and a 2008 VW Jetta GLI. I drive the Explorer the most because it's one of the better daily drivers I've had except for the small gas tank and fairly crappy MPG. However, it gets down the road pretty well. The VW can get around 32 MPG on the highway and isn't a bad driver either. It's the car I take if I'm worried about door dings or difficult parking.
Are they already selling used police explorers?

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
BMW 328d Touring M-Sport. It gets 45mpg, handles like a BMW, hauls a ton of stuff, and looks ace doing it.

I just fear it post-warranty :doh:

Sponsored

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are they already selling used police explorers?
Oh yeah. However, mine is directly from Ford. It was a Ford QA fleet vehicle (says so right on the window sticker) that was sold directly to Ford, then sold to the public at 26k miles when I got it. The interesting thing with this one is that it has pretty much every option, Ecoboost 3.5L, extra coolers, PTU EVOC cooler, Whelen ION lights throughout, front/rear AC, BLIS, Cross Traffic, etc. Hell it was even optioned with alloy wheels and the roof rack so it looked more like a normal soccer moms Explorer. I'm sure they option out the vehicles to test all of the various options they sell to police agencies.

20161118114551-bf55d262-me.jpg

I've upgraded it to a 9" Android fully integrated center stack, 20" alloys, redid the audio system and now it's just a good driver. I love having Pandora and Waze on the center stack with no My Ford Touch!

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I drive a Sublime green land yacht....as it is known on these forums...

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That exploder is tits, would love to get one like that isnt already all ragged out.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
2011 Escalade EXT. Personally, best vehicle I ever owned. Don't give me crap about, "it's just a Chevy Avalanche decked out." Of course it is, that's why I bought it. Makes parts dirt cheap. Pulled my 9,000b boat with it when I lived in the keys. Gets 16 MPG avg. Standard AWD makes driving in the rain in Florida a sure footed endeavor. Wanted to get a F150 Platinum when I bought it, but couldn't stand the fit and finish of the POS, every new one in the lot literally had badges and the large plaque on the tailgate falling off with 0 miles on them. An Escalade is obviously a boat compared to the GT350, soooo the GT350 has become my daily.

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That exploder is tits, would love to get one like that isnt already all ragged out.
Yeah. They seem to hold up fairly well in service, but they do take a beating. It's a great driving vehicle. I just added the factory hidden tow hitch and replaced the rear bumper harness to get all of the towing connectors on Monday. That was the missing capability for me, but Ford has a kit to solve that problem.

I like the look of the 16's better, but finding an Ecoboost version of any police utility is extremely difficult - they are the GT350's of the Explorer line. haha.
Sponsored