Got rear ended. Need advice.

Kclyatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not every state has diminished value laws. Plus a bumper replacement would never qualify.

On your bumper question, you work out the difference directly with the repair facility to get the other bumper and pay the difference if any. Get this agreement same day you drop car off because parts are always ordered right away.
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Alrighty so, I went to Service King Collision Center. They checked the car and all they saw was that my bumper was misaligned. They said they might see something else whenever they will have to take it off. Meanwhile, her insurance called me and said that her husband called them (Which is wasn't in the car at the moment it happened) and told the story that I screamed at her and all she did was having her foot all the time on the break. Saw me put my hazard light and went outside. (Funny part is that she even admitted her car dragged a little bit but didn't tell them that). What I told them was I didn't scream at her but I was mad like everyone would've been. All I asked her was why didn't she kept a safety distance between her car and mine. Was she on the phone not paying attention or drove too fast...? Sherrif was next to us and told us to park somewhere. It was dark and raining hard Sherrif flashed his light quick and didn't see any damages. He let us exchange our info and we all left. Now her insurance asked for Witnesses. I told them my wife was with me and her insurance said "It's your wife though she could lie for you." (Okay wait a minute... She told the story to her husband which called you and wasn't even there and you trust him? wtf...). They told me that it was me who probably backed up before the accident happened into something else. I told them that I'm not that stupid and that I have a backup camera and safety features. Plus who would backup in purpose a brand new car... REALLY!!!?? Now my insurance is okay to fix the damage but I have to pay my deductible... Any idea what I can do right now to make them pay for what happened? I guess they got mad whenever they had to give me a rental and told them about the diminished value law in Texas...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Tell them to expect a call from your attorney if they don't pay. What insurance did she have?
Is there a way you can get a police report?

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tell them to expect a call from your attorney if they don't pay. What insurance did she have?
Well on the paper she put prodigi ins group. I called the number and they told me that it's not the right place I had to call the other number they gave me and that the name of the insurance was "Safeco".

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Police report probably won't help they were lazy and didn't want to stay under the rain the sheriff told me that he didn't see damages (he just flashed at my license plate...)

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Safeco a last ditch effort insurance co. I would leave it to your insurance company to fight that's why you pay them and yes if you pay the deductible you will get it back when they get the money from safeco.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Safeco a last ditch effort insurance co. I would leave it to your insurance company to fight that's why you pay them and yes if you pay the deductible you will get it back when they get the money from safeco.
Kinda hurt to pay $500 deductible for a $55.20 alignment... I mean like they said they could find something else whenever they take the bumper cover off...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Alrighty so, I went to Service King Collision Center. They checked the car and all they saw was that my bumper was misaligned. They said they might see something else whenever they will have to take it off. Meanwhile, her insurance called me and said that her husband called them (Which is wasn't in the car at the moment it happened) and told the story that I screamed at her and all she did was having her foot all the time on the break. Saw me put my hazard light and went outside. (Funny part is that she even admitted her car dragged a little bit but didn't tell them that). What I told them was I didn't scream at her but I was mad like everyone would've been. All I asked her was why didn't she kept a safety distance between her car and mine. Was she on the phone not paying attention or drove too fast...? Sherrif was next to us and told us to park somewhere. It was dark and raining hard Sherrif flashed his light quick and didn't see any damages. He let us exchange our info and we all left. Now her insurance asked for Witnesses. I told them my wife was with me and her insurance said "It's your wife though she could lie for you." (Okay wait a minute... She told the story to her husband which called you and wasn't even there and you trust him? wtf...). They told me that it was me who probably backed up before the accident happened into something else. I told them that I'm not that stupid and that I have a backup camera and safety features. Plus who would backup in purpose a brand new car... REALLY!!!?? Now my insurance is okay to fix the damage but I have to pay my deductible... Any idea what I can do right now to make them pay for what happened? I guess they got mad whenever they had to give me a rental and told them about the diminished value law in Texas...
Do not use service king. I could write a novel on the five times my truck went back for them to fix their mess ups

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Safeco sent me to them for checking on the car but I would've gone to Ford to fix it.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Always remember you do no have to go where the insurance company says to go. Especially the other persons insurance they have no reason to do it right.

Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Is there a way you can get a police report?
Having read through this thread, I find this situation to be particularly disturbing--

1. It seems to me that your insurance company is not in the game.

2. Jason is correct. Get a copy of the police report and send it to your insurance company, irrespective of what it may contain.

3. There is entirely too much going around in circles with this. Someone is at fault and should have been cited. This is where law enforcement dropped the ball; it is either you or the other driver, or both. You need to demand that your insurance company make a declaration ASAP once they have the police report in hand as your future insurance premiums may be negatively impacted.

In the meantime, put the pressure on your insurance company to provide you with some answers. My sense is, they're going to raise your rates at the next renewal, even while all of this pending.

RJ

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if I don't use my deductible they shouldn't raise my premium. I will check on police report tomorrow. I mean I'm ready to pay those $55 bumper alignment but if they find more stuff I'm not gonna pay that. Her insurance is also stupid for believing her husband which wasn't there and then asked for witnesses. When I told them my wife was with me they don't wanna hear her because they might think she will lie or something. Wtf is those people seriously!? Plus I don't think why would it be my fault if she "rear" ended me...? Am I missing something here?

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Well if I don't use my deductible they shouldn't raise my premium. I will check on police report tomorrow. I mean I'm ready to pay those $55 bumper alignment but if they find more stuff I'm not gonna pay that. Her insurance is also stupid for believing her husband which wasn't there and then asked for witnesses. When I told them my wife was with me they don't wanna hear her because they might think she will lie or something. Wtf is those people seriously!? Plus I don't think why would it be my fault if she "rear" ended me...? Am I missing something here?
PM me.

RJ

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Consult a local attorney.

Audi drivers insurance will not look out for you. They are your opponent. They only have interest in screwing you.
Whether you were mad or not is completely irrelevant. What matters is who was at fault. Period.

Don't get roped into head games.

The best thing you can do if in an accident is ask the other driver if they are ok and then shut the hell up. Call the police. Take pictures of the scene as quickly as possible. Your car, their car, their license and insurance. Never say anything else. Get a dashcam. My dashcam recorded an admission of fault from another driver once. "I'm sorry man, wasn't paying attention". That shit is gold if you get it recorded on dashcam.

Good luck!

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Consult a local attorney.

Audi drivers insurance will not look out for you. They are your opponent. They only have interest in screwing you.
Whether you were mad or not is completely irrelevant. What matters is who was at fault. Period.

Don't get roped into head games.

The best thing you can do if in an accident is ask the other driver if they are ok and then shut the hell up. Call the police. Take pictures of the scene as quickly as possible. Your car, their car, their license and insurance. Never say anything else. Get a dashcam. My dashcam recorded an admission of fault from another driver once. "I'm sorry man, wasn't paying attention". That shit is gold if you get it recorded on dashcam.

Good luck!
I had a dash cam but it rained so hard you can't hear nothing from it. Also the dash cam I have is just for the front I'm about to purchase another one from the rear now. Lucky enough the sheriff was next to me but they didn't see what happened... :( Everybody would've got mad but I swear I didn't scream at her at all she got all crazy and said she didn't mean it. I told her I understand accident happened but she should've taken her distance of security between her car and mine...
Sponsored