Got rear ended. Need advice.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hi everybody,

This morning I got rear ended by an Audi Q5. It was raining pretty bad and a little dark. A sheriff was on the next lane and we pulled over in a parking lot. He put his flash light and didn't see nothing. However I asked to get the insurance of the other driver. They gave us a yellow paper that we both exchange our information. I got home about an hour later and the weather calmed down. I went outside and saw that my bumper moved a little bit. The passenger side is up and touching with force my rear fender in the corner of the tail light. The driver side is lower. I took a speed bump quit slowly and heard a weird kinda crack (I didn't see nothing cracked). I however decided to go ahead and call her insurance to claim it. I have an inspection tomorrow at 10 am. This is the 1st time I have an accident and I don't really know how to deal with the insurance and inspection and all that kinda stuff. Any advice on what to expect? Also, I called the number she gave me and the caller ID didn't show up (It supposed to be "Prodigi Ins Group" Never heard of it before...) I was thinking they didn't registered their number probably. But surprised though that agent told me to call another number which is an insurance with another named called "Safeco"... They setup an appointment tomorrow at "Service King Collision Repair". I got a claim # etc... like I said my bumper is kinda crooked and on the round shape where the tires are it's not aligned anymore with the rear fender on both sides... My plastic dip went off on the lower end of the bumper so I'm guessing it got scratched.

Are they going to replace my bumper or just messed around with the alignment? Also, Let's say they decided to replace my bumper. Is there any way to get the premium bumper? (The one that comes with the EB and Premium GT).

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Hi everybody,

This morning I got rear ended by an Audi Q5. It was raining pretty bad and a little dark. A sheriff was on the next lane and we pulled over in a parking lot. He put his flash light and didn't see nothing. However I asked to get the insurance of the other driver. They gave us a yellow paper that we both exchange our information. I got home about an hour later and the weather calmed down. I went outside and saw that my bumper moved a little bit. The passenger side is up and touching with force my rear fender in the corner of the tail light. The driver side is lower. I took a speed bump quit slowly and heard a weird kinda crack (I didn't see nothing cracked). I however decided to go ahead and call her insurance to claim it. I have an inspection tomorrow at 10 am. This is the 1st time I have an accident and I don't really know how to deal with the insurance and inspection and all that kinda stuff. Any advice on what to expect? Also, I called the number she gave me and the caller ID didn't show up (It supposed to be "Prodigi Ins Group" Never heard of it before...) I was thinking they didn't registered their number probably. But surprised though that agent told me to call another number which is an insurance with another named called "Safeco"... They setup an appointment tomorrow at "Service King Collision Repair". I got a claim # etc... like I said my bumper is kinda crooked and on the round shape where the tires are it's not aligned anymore with the rear fender on both sides... My plastic dip went off on the lower end of the bumper so I'm guessing it got scratched.

Are they going to replace my bumper or just messed around with the alignment? Also, Let's say they decided to replace my bumper. Is there any way to get the premium bumper? (The one that comes with the EB and Premium GT).

Thanks for your help!
if u r claiming insurance from other guy.. also claim depreciation value as well..

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
You may want to notify your insurance as well. This way the other insurance company wont think about pushing you around and delaying you.

Your insurance will make you whole as quickly as possible and will go after the others insurance to reclaim the monies they paid out for repairs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a wreck shows up on your carfax that makes the car worth less. Now the difference in non wrecked and wrecked is the depreciated value they have to pay you.
So right now I'm pretty much f***ed? My car just lost value?

You may want to notify your insurance as well. This way the other insurance company wont think about pushing you around and delaying you.

Your insurance will make you whole as quickly as possible and will go after the others insurance to reclaim the monies they paid out for repairs.
I actually did notified my insurance. I wasn't able to get my policy number when the cops asked for it so I had to call them and explain the problem.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
So right now I'm pretty much f***ed? My car just lost value?

I actually did notified my insurance. I wasn't able to get my policy number when the cops asked for it so I had to call them and explain the problem.
So as soon as you claim from insurance, an accident goes into your carfax and yes that makes lot of diff to car's value, tech it becomes an " ACCIDENT VEHCILE".
So you should always ask depreciating value.

let me give you approx diff. a normal GT right now KBB value is 28k. Accidental 23-24k that too i am telling ya on higher side

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So as soon as you claim from insurance, an accident goes into your carfax and yes that makes lot of diff to car's value, tech it becomes an " ACCIDENT VEHCILE".
So you should always ask depreciating value.

let me give you approx diff. a normal GT right now KBB value is 28k. Accidental 23-24k that too i am telling ya on higher side
Ok I see... So I would have to ask that to the inspection tomorrow or to the insurance company?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Ok I see... So I would have to ask that to the inspection tomorrow or to the insurance company?
You don have to ask the insurance company of the other guy.

mswift5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt (guard)
Here is the guy I used locally for me. On the diminished value claim, they were only going to give me 300 bucks. After he looked at it, and did his work, I was able to get 1,500 for the diminished value. So it might be worth it? You might try to find someone local to you who can help.

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so if I understand correctly... What y'all are talking about is that my car lost value and I need to find out how much and make the insurance pay me for the price loss? like let's say I lost $2k I have to make them pay me those $2k + the repair?

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input I understand better now. Can I make her insurance pay for the expert I want to check up my car and give me a value of it?

mswift5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt (guard)
Typically, the insurance comes up with a number without having anyone look at it. Of course they will lowball you. It's up to you to hire someone who is an expert and can present your case to the insurance company. I think I only paid 300 bucks for the expert I used, but before I did, I got him to give me an estimate of the total I could receive. After that, it was easy an easy choice. Hope that helps
Sponsored