Sponsored

Cold Air Blowing out of Only a Single Vent

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I noticed that my air conditioning was not blowing very cold. I grabbed my infrared thermometer and went out to see just how not cold it was. Of the four vents in the front dash three of them are blowing air in the 85 to 90 degree range and then the last vent is blowing at around 68 to 70.

The one cool vent is the passenger side vent closest to the gear shift. All others are blowing hot air.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Edit- This was done with coldest setting of the thermostat selected.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sounds like the AC evaporator core went (very common issue, see the other thread on here) or if not that, then there are (3) other possibilities:

1) If the HVAC system has blend doors, it's possible a blend door actuator is not working.
2) AC pressure switch failure
3) AC compressor failure

OP
OP

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Sounds like the AC evaporator core went (very common issue, see the other thread on here) or if not that, then there are (3) other possibilities:

1) If the HVAC system has blend doors, it's possible a blend door actuator is not working.
2) AC pressure switch failure
3) AC compressor failure
After reading the other threads on this it seems this is the case. I guess back to the dealership.

Thanks for the information.

One last thing, I have been noticing a smell like old leather coming from my vents when I turn on the ac for the first time in the morning and then it ceases after a bit. Any idea if a leak in the core could create that smell?

Edit - I found people suffering from the same thing in a different thread. I guess it is all connected.
Sponsored

Last edited: