Sponsored

Stock airbox, is it worth anything?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Probably another case of someone hearing it from another person and spreading on the forums like gospel

In for results, if there are any...
Yup.... lot of people saying "info here" but...
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Any Dyno proof or any actual numbers of the stock airbox being such a massive improvement? I've only read the people with the Seat of the Pants improvements along with the claims of IAT's that were vastly improved and no heat soak. I tried it myself going from FFTec CAI to stock a while back. I felt no difference at all, saw no difference in logs, and no difference in inlet air temps. The stock box even heat soaks when sitting in traffic just like the aftermarket unit.
I think you nailed it on the head. The aftermarket CAI units don't show any improvement over stock, so other than noise, what is the point. And in standing traffic, no matter what you have will get you IAT's through the roof.

There is an Adam Tune+ thread on page 15 of this subgroup.

And Pewter, not aimed at you: what's with the people who start a post then sit back and expect others to do the legwork for them. " I won't believe it until you prove it to me".
Search function not working?

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
To be more precise, it is the stock air box with the Air Aid inlet tube which flows better.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You mean like this?

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any Dyno proof or any actual numbers of the stock airbox being such a massive improvement? I've only read the people with the Seat of the Pants improvements along with the claims of IAT's that were vastly improved and no heat soak. I tried it myself going from FFTec CAI to stock a while back. I felt no difference at all, saw no difference in logs, and no difference in inlet air temps. The stock box even heat soaks when sitting in traffic just like the aftermarket unit.
i picked up 11-12 hp when i logged before and after using vd.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
You mean like this?
Exactly! ^^

BTW, I'd be interested in picking up a stock intake tube if anyone wants to let it go cheap?

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have a Steeda CAI and I had my car dyno for another item I cannot talk about...yet. My horsepower (rear wheel) went from 256 to 279 and my torque went from 288 to 309. I could feel a difference in acceleration. Also you can hear the engine sucking in the air during hard acceleration. The dyno run has something on it that I cannot post yet but will post the graph once I get permission.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Steeda CAI and I had my car dyno for another item I cannot talk about...yet. My horsepower (rear wheel) went from 256 to 279 and my torque went from 288 to 309. I could feel a difference in acceleration. Also you can hear the engine sucking in the air during hard acceleration. The dyno run has something on it that I cannot post yet but will post the graph once I get permission.
Unfortunately, your mystery mod says nothing about the CAI.
You can't stack mods and draw a rational conclusion.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Adam (and others) have done testing on it with proof. Adam did a live feed on Facebook where I and multiple others watched the results in real time. It's not secondhand BS info. The results and testing are out there if you're willing to search for it.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Yup.... lot of people saying "info here" but...
No just the usual newer cats wanting others to do the legwork.

When new things come out not everyone puts them in a bookmark folder marked 'in case someone new comes along and thinks its only a rumor unless they're spoonfed the proof.' Where's a wet nurse when you need one.

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
Come on bud... sometimes people have been on forums too long and forget that people will ask questions

What they hell are forums for these days? Every long timer just waiting for the opportunity to shout "use the search"

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Unfortunately, your mystery mod says nothing about the CAI.
You can't stack mods and draw a rational conclusion.
Those numbers are based on stock setup. The mod was added after the dyno run to get the CAI only numbers.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Come on bud... sometimes people have been on forums too long and forget that people will ask questions

What they hell are forums for these days? Every long timer just waiting for the opportunity to shout "use the search"
I disagree. Some topics have already been beatin to death. Not using the search button is just flat out lazy.

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
I disagree. Some topics have already been beatin to death. Not using the search button is just flat out lazy.
Ahhhh the first hand assumption that the search function nets the exact results people are looking for or that everyone knows exactly what to type for particular results... get over yourself

Then again being the internet I'm not sure why I decided to play captain obvious :frusty:
Sponsored