Anyone else like the stock exhaust?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I hated the stock exhaust sound or should I say, lack thereof. It's a muscle car and I want it to sound like one. I've had a Gibson catback exhaust (X pipe) on it for sometime now and don't regret it one bit. Love the sound especially gunning it at high RPMs.

Only thing I regret is not removing the sound tube. I will doing that once the weather warms up.

I don't need no stinking resonators.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
What is the sound tube by the way?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I am fine with it but the 18 exhaust is a selling point for me as you can choose between quiet and riot.

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
I too told myself, coming from a V6 "stock exhaust is louder than the V6...and with a sound-tube, there is no need to upgrade".

Couldn't take it anymore, especially that stupid sound-tube. Aftermarket was the best upgrade so far.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I didn't hate the stock exhaust but like others have said, I just thought it was too quiet. It was missing the rumble and the aggressiveness that the 2v and 3v engines had. I loved the way my 3v sounded at idle and I wanted it to be more like that. My exhaust setup is pretty mild compared to most but I think it's perfect now.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Yes :thumbsup:

Everything I have is Loud

My ears are ringing as I type :headbonk:

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
Roush axlebacks did it for me. They amplify the rumble but not too much. They really growl when I get on it, but I hardly hear them while cruising in the higher gears, and there's no harshness. A muffler shop charged me 125 for the install.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I do actually like the stock exhaust although I wish it was just a little bit throatier. But at the same time, I like that I can rip around back roads and not tip off the police in the next county.
If you want that, just replace the resonator with an H-pipe.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The stock exhaust was too quiet for my liking. About a month later I put Corsa Extreme cat back on and is much better. I thought it might be too loud but it either quieted down a little or I got used to it or both. It's loud on start up but quickly settles down. No drone what so ever. Haven't had any complaints from other motorist or neighbors. No hassle from the police either. I kept the stock exhaust like I always do on cars and put it back to stock when I trade or sell it.

I did swap the stock exhaust back on for a week to see the difference but switched back to the Extreme catback and haven't looked back.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Ford Racing Touring by Borla, now it sounds like a mustang!

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Way to quiet stock.... Had the mufflers deleted (kept resonator) ... totally transforms the sound... its not super loud, zero rasp... sounds amazing.

I would seriously recommend it for those who want to truly hear this engine, yet not be obnoxious ... plus it's super inexpensive.
Sponsored