Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I've been saying that ever since the refresh dropped last week.

The difference is really very minor. So many people are freaking out about how it doesn't look like a Mustang and how Ford needs to fire the designers..when it's literally the same car from the A-pillar back and the front end changes are fairly minor. The 2012-2013 transition was much more drastic.
Yep '1320 exactly...which is why I liked his article...he was objective on those points. The changes are so minor no non-Mustang person wouldnt even recognize them. The S197-S550 is more jarring thing this.
Sponsored

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Would love to see some Kona Blue pics side by side with some Lightning Blue. I can't tell if the blue pics on Page 1 are Kona or Lightning (even though some are labeled as Kona.....someone posted that the naming may not be accurate.)

intoadaze

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ivann
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
So I've seen a lot of people complaining about the area under the fog lights/turn signals. I am wondering if you all think this would be a positive change?
to me it does, that helps. Maybe vinyl wrap that section.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Read this on Ford, don't recall seeing it here
The instrument panel surround has been refreshed with four new aluminum finishes: Silver Arrow, Engine Spun, Angled Brush and Linked Graphite. There’s also a Carbon Fiber Sport Interior Package, upping your options for a custom look.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Oh yay...more fake carbon fiber for the interior.

That was cool in 2001/2002...not so much anymore.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The close up view posted by Topnotch sure does bring out all the details in the front design . It makes one appreciate the front design even more.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
The difference is really very minor. So many people are freaking out about how it doesn't look like a Mustang and how Ford needs to fire the designers..when it's literally the same car from the A-pillar back and the front end changes are fairly minor. The 2012-2013 transition was much more drastic.
I am one of those who are unhappy that somewhere along the line, Ford has lost a lot of the "Mustang DNA".

Its true, that this sad loss isn't new, nor didn't just start with the 2018.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Funny thing about nostalgia, you usually remember things being better than they were. They ditched the wooden steering, sh*t drum brakes, and carbureted "DNA" as well and we're all better for it.

Just remember, life is how it is... not how it was.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I disagree to an extent, I love tuning carbs, setting solid lifters, and setting points. And getting such a tune razor sharp.

;)

Not many know how to do these things anymore, and it's kind of sad. Despite how much better cars have become.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Time for me to get kicked off the forum again for insulting folks...but losing "its" DNA?

What drugs are you people taking????

My parents bought a 66" Coupe back in 66. I rode around for years in that back seat and later adopted the car in the late 1970s. I've bought over 10 NEW Mustangs since then--my most recent being a 2015 LE.

Christ--Mustang losts "its" DNA in 1967 when it got a bigger body and went from being a simple secretary car based upon the Ford Falcon to a later coupe, grand touring machine, muscle car. Hell it morphed early on (6 months old) into a race car with the GT350/R (and into a serious "muscle" car a few years later). As for body styling - look at the change in 70-73 and the Mustang II.

The current 2015+ and yeah the 2018+ have HUGE amounts of Mustang DNA in them; clearly obvious to anyone who knows a damn thing about 53 years of Mustang history.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Time for me to get kicked off the forum again for insulting folks...but losing "its" DNA?

What drugs are you people taking????

My parents bought a 66" Coupe back in 66. I rode around for years in that back seat and later adopted the car in the late 1970s. I've bought over 10 NEW Mustangs since then--my most recent being a 2015 LE.

Christ--Mustang losts "its" DNA in 1967 when it got a bigger body and went from being a simple secretary car based upon the Ford Falcon to a later coupe, grand touring machine, muscle car. Hell it morphed early on (6 months old) into a race car with the GT350/R (and into a serious "muscle" car a few years later). As for body styling - look at the change in 70-73 and the Mustang II.

The current 2015+ and yeah the 2018+ have HUGE amounts of Mustang DNA in them; clearly obvious to anyone who knows a damn thing about 53 years of Mustang history.
Damn right the Mustang styling has been all over the map from the onset. To go from a 73 land yacht to a 74 pinto wannabe. Then to go from the blocky fox body to the wedge shaped sn95???:doh: The DNA is the pony on the grill. Tri bar tail lights. 5.0 lt. motor. And being an affordable sporty car.:thumbsup:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Sorry if this has been asked already but does anyone have any info on which auto shows the 18 will be making an appearance at? More specifically I am wondering if it will be at the Washington DC auto show this week. They do not list it as being on display but the list hasn't been updated since before the 18 was released...

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
Retrofit 2018 parts to.my 2015?

All I wanna know is whether Ford will be making a kit to add those magneride dampers to my S550; seems like it qould involve sensors and ecu upgrades as well. I'd be interested in the mt-82 upgrades too (clutch and flywheel), I definitely want those michelins pilot 4s' and would be interested in the other suspension upgrades (maybe they cured wheel hop).
Sponsored