2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
And you will have to pay for each interior trim you want just like the slomaro. Ford is going is going to copy gms way of doing things and make us pay
It's not gonna be free. or cheap.
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I can't wait to retrofit the interior trim pieces to my non-ugly 15.
yeah many have commented on here that they always wished the interior used satin or brushed aluminum trim !! I don't blame you for wanting to retrofit your interior !!

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
I agree. I've always said that it amazes me that oem's don't sweat the details over everything you touch, feel, and interact with. You would think that with the purchasing power they have, an extra $5? $10? per knob ought to make everything you touch feel like a high-end receiver or aircraft switch gear. If "Awesome Interior" was a $500 option, I would check that box every time!
yes !!! so many have commented on the current cheap interior and use of inferior materials that get touched all the time ;)

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
It's not gonna be free. or cheap.
With all due respect to the Mustang's heritage of attainability, I have no problem paying for quality. You're in the driver's seat every second you're in the car, it should be nice.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
yeah many have commented on here that they always wished the interior used satin or brushed aluminum trim !! I don't blame you for wanting to retrofit your interior !!
yes !!! so many have commented on the current cheap interior and use of inferior materials that get touched all the time ;)
I guess you aren't familiar with prior model year "cheap" interiors :) The current '15-'17 interiors with the premiere option, in my opinion, are quite nice. The updates for '18 build on them in a way that reflects customer desire and hopefully at a reasonable price.

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
I guess you aren't familiar with prior model year "cheap" interiors :) The current '15-'17 interiors with the premiere option, in my opinion, are quite nice. The updates for '18 build on them in a way that reflects customer desire and hopefully at a reasonable price.
oh yes I'm very familiar with the "Premier trim w/ Color Accent Group" option, and they are nice !! However, that only gives you upper door soft touch material, extra stitching on seats, shifter and dash IP. It does not rid you of the fake shiny chrome interior trim bezels and trim, and you still have that hard cheap plastic center console you have to touch every day, along with banging ur knee against the hard plastic console.

I love the 15'-17' interiors!!! now Ford is just upgrading them based on all the complaints & suggestions they have received and thats a great thing. It's almost like they are reading what people post on here and they have taken action :)

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
oh yes I'm very familiar with the "Premier trim w/ Color Accent Group" option, and they are nice !! However, that only gives you upper door soft touch material, extra stitching on seats, shifter and dash IP. It does not rid you of the fake shiny chrome interior trim bezels and trim, and you still have that hard cheap plastic center console you have to touch every day, along with banging ur knee against the hard plastic console.

I love the 15'-17' interiors!!! now Ford is just upgrading them based on all the complaints & suggestions they have received and thats a great thing. It's almost like they are reading what people post on here and they have taken action :)
In the '05-'09 Mustangs, the interior plastics of those touch surfaces were noticeably harder than what is in the current car. When the refresh happened in 2010, there was progress made in the quality. I noticed that in the dash and armrests of my 2010. When the '15s came out, more progress. Yes, the Ford folks do see comments from here and other sources; they do respond. In fact, it was mentioned when the 15s came out they redesigned the center console to reduce the instances of bumping your legs on it. I noticed that change immediately the first time I sat in it. I have an '09 Bullitt now, and I definitely experience the changes firsthand.

If you go back to '94-'04 model years, you also experience the hard plastics. In short, what some might consider "cheap interior" can be seen as less cheap when viewed against prior cars. It's great that Ford responds.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If you go back to '94-'04 model years, you also experience the hard plastics. In short, what some might consider "cheap interior" can be seen as less cheap when viewed against prior cars. It's great that Ford responds.
Agreed. The SN 95 interiors were pretty hard. Although this generation has made huge strides in interior quality we have to remember that we are buying an affordable performance vehicle.

If one is more concerned with the luxury/creature comforts or the touch and feel of interior components I would suggest a different vehicle. As you up the creature comforts you do the same
with the price point. I saw it happen decades ago with my '88 300 ZX and my '91 300 ZX.

I hear your comments and so does ford but I would much rather have the efforts put into the performance of the vehicle rather than lux/ comfort. I think Ford knows that too and they
definitely don't want to repeat the mistakes that the import vehicles did in the 90's.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
Looking forward to seeing all the amazing wheel options to choose from and can't wait to see all the new audio systems that will be offered in the 2018 Mustang.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Looking forward to seeing all the amazing wheel options to choose from and can't wait to see all the new audio systems that will be offered in the 2018 Mustang.

I will bet the same audio system and who cares about factory wheels lol

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
I will bet the same audio system and who cares about factory wheels lol
Ford always does a great job with the Mustang wheels. I also like the fact that there are some super nice after market wheel options as well !!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
They keep adding more and more details on ford.com regarding the 2018 refresh !!!

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
All I'm interested in is the power bump. Did they disclose that yet?

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
All I'm interested in is the power bump. Did they disclose that yet?
I don't see anything on Ford's site that wasn't there when they first released the 2018 info. Nothing new from what I can see.
Sponsored