Sponsored

Tune for European mustang ecoboost

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
I believe there are some charts. You won't really gain lots of Power just with it but you can easily run more aggressive tunes since it's very efficient at keeping temps down. You will also prevent heatsoak a loooot better and so the engine will hold power a lot longer. It's also basically a big safety factor to prevent material failure due to high temps.
Sponsored

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I have a Eurospec Ecoboost PP in Japan. I sent my vehicle strategy to Torrie at Unleashed tuning and he confirmed that my Mustang can run his tunes via the SCT tuner.

I ran Unleashed tune on my Ecoboost (US Spec) when I was in the States and it was absolutely awesome!

I'm planning on running his tunes on my new Mustang once the weather gets a little better and I get access to a Windows laptop.

OP
OP

ahmetzia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Yes absolutely, buy an Intercooler (for example the Wagner Evo 1, which we all use in Germany) a drop in green Filter and a Cobb AP. Then purchase Adams tune for 150 dollars and let him do his magic. The car should see around 50 more hp and 100-150nm of torque depending on fuel. It will be a blast to drive trust me.
Do you recommend mishimoto intercooler? Do you think is the any difference between cobb ,wagner and mishimoto intercooler? There is 300 dollars difference between cobb and mishimoto...

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
They probably all work well. Wagner is made in Germany quality, so it's definitely a good value intercooler.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Another option for EU cars is SCT, they have a specific EU tune now.

Nope. You will need a tune that's designed specifically for EU cars and Ford Performance doesn't sell those.
Are you sure that they have a specific tune for the EU version? That would be great. However, I contacted Torrie McPhail at Unleashed Tuning and I sent him a photo of my PCM, so that he can see the numbers stamped on it. He told me that he would have to estimate that my car's PCM is unsupported, but he would need a device in the vehicle to verify further. Unfortunately I do not have an SCT device to get my vehicle's strategy and I am not going to buy one until I am certain that they are compatible with the EU models.

So I contacted directly SCT (sctflash.com) yesterday to ask them if their devices are compatible with the EU spec Mustang EcoBoost or not and I am waiting for their reply. It seems that the SCT X4 comes preloaded with a tune, like the Accessport. If their answer is that they support the EU models, then I will choose that instead of the Accessport. I have heard very good things about their tunes.

Anyway, if you (or anyone else by the way) have any information that they support the EU models, can you please share it with us? That would be very helpful - thanks.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Are you sure that they have a specific tune for the EU version? That would be great.
Absolutely, it even has a specific code: 7015-INT

I've been running it on my car for a few months now. Before that I had the US version (7015) and when these international ones came out my reseller took the US version back and gave me the new one.

Last edited:

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
I have used the SCT device before and it worked. However I have just reccently made the switch to the Accessport and Adams Tune. It is a night and day difference in power and delivery. The car runs flawless and has a lot more power than before. Adam has already tuned a bunch of EU cars (he does tons of RS and ST models in Europe as well). I trust his tune a lot more than any SCT or off the shelf tune that is available in Europe. So just go with him and be done with it.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
We can Tune Euro Mustangs as well. We use the US device (7015) and build the tune off of your strategy code and have no issues.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
We can Tune Euro Mustangs as well. We use the US device (7015) and build the tune off of your strategy code and have no issues.
Can you tell us a few things about that? There is a big market in the EU for tuning for the Mustang EB and it is very difficult to obtain reliable information on that.

Also, according to your website you sell the SCT X4 with a preloaded custom tune that adds:
  • up to 100+ HP and 80+ TQ
  • +15 HP peak gains (+88HP @ redline)
  • +30 TQ peak gains (+76TQ @ redline)
Do you obtain the same or similar numbers with the EU tune as well? It would be very helpful to have a dyno graph - can you provide one?

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
motor wise everything is the same so the gains will be the same as the US tuned cars. We have only dyno'd one ecoboost in house, the other several that we have tuned have been custom tunes with no dyno numbers. http://www.teamjdm.com/productimage.php?product_id=1743&current_image=4
all we need is a picture of the sticker on your ecu and we have a sheet for you to fill out with all the facts and modifications of your car.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Phil I just pmed you.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
After extensive research on the issue, I finally decided to go with the Accessport. I believe it is the best overall choice for our cars. Everything is very straight forward and clear on their website and even if you decide to buy it from another reseller, the information provided is 100% in line with what Cobb states.

I contacted many other manufacturers of tuning devices regarding whether or not their devices are compatible with my European Mustang EcoBoost and the information I got from them, their resellers and the professional tuners who use their devices, was conflicting... I simply wanted to know if I can use their devices and their tunes for my European car, but I could not get a consistent answer...

So Cobb Accessport it is. I will run Stage 1 for the beginning and then I will obtain a tune from Adam. I know the device and their tunes are 100% compatible with my car.

Ruby.Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
After extensive research on the issue, I finally decided to go with the Accessport. I believe it is the best overall choice for our cars. Everything is very straight forward and clear on their website and even if you decide to buy it from another reseller, the information provided is 100% in line with what Cobb states.

I contacted many other manufacturers of tuning devices regarding whether or not their devices are compatible with my European Mustang EcoBoost and the information I got from them, their resellers and the professional tuners who use their devices, was conflicting... I simply wanted to know if I can use their devices and their tunes for my European car, but I could not get a consistent answer...

So Cobb Accessport it is. I will run Stage 1 for the beginning and then I will obtain a tune from Adam. I know the device and their tunes are 100% compatible with my car.
I have not idea at this topic? Who is Adam? Is he tuner professional? I have also EU spec Mustang, i live in Turkey. Parts of my car r roush performance air intake and cat back exhaust, resonator delete, big throttle body and throttle body spacer and metallic intercooler pipes. I want to change downpipe, if i change downpipe i guess there s engine light or error light. If i use obb tuner, do I get rid of these error lights?

DKano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Ruby.Mustang said:
I have not idea at this topic? Who is Adam? Is he tuner professional? I have also EU spec Mustang, i live in Turkey. Parts of my car r roush performance air intake and cat back exhaust, resonator delete, big throttle body and throttle body spacer and metallic intercooler pipes. I want to change downpipe, if i change downpipe i guess there s engine light or error light. If i use obb tuner, do I get rid of these error lights?
Yes, Adam is a professional tuner, I'm currently running a custom tune from him on my ecoboost and I'm very happy with it.

Ruby.Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, Adam is a professional tuner, I'm currently running a custom tune from him on my ecoboost and I'm very happy with it.
how can i contact to him? and if i only use cobb tuner is not enough?
Sponsored