Sponsored

Thinking about a Mustang

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
If you look on the forums you'll see there are upgrades for the stereo, as well as steering wheels and leather. There's performance upgrades from tunes, CAI's, headers and exhausts, to super chargers and turbos that are available.
You can upgrade pretty much anything on any vehicle via the aftermarket. My statement still stands regarding factory options with the v6.
Sponsored

OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
So we just test drove two mustangs. One was a eco boost and the other was a v6. She didn't like the v6 to much but did like the auto more. I think she was really nervous driving the manual (eco boost) . So it looks like we will probably be looking for a eco boost automatic. Still want her to drive the 5.0 if we can find one under 30k. I really wish we could have driven a pp eco boost but she was over test driving after the 2nd one. She said the eco boost was more fun to drive. I was very surprised at how torquier it was. Anyway just an update. I think she has definitely decided on a mustang though.now we just have to find the right one.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Make a list of all the options you want, color combo, etc and ask the Ford dealership to search and find the one you want. The one we wanted was a couple hundred miles away and the dealer will swap cars to get the one you want.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
First off Thank You for all the replies, help and advice. Whether we buy a mustang or not this has been one of the most helpful and respectful forum/community I have been on.

She defiantly wants a "sports car" feel. Thats really the only reason we didn't consider the v6. We figured the v8 or the eco boost would be more fun to drive. Were we wrong in not considering this? Also we both like mods or at lease have the potential to mod the vehicle after paying it off. I mean engine and drive train mods not looks.

One thing that got brought up was the type of fuel. Dose the Eco boost need premium to drive or just to meet the advertised performance? This would be something to think about, even if does get better MPG it would cost more to fill it.

I recommend a 5.0 Base Auto. Should be easy to get one under 30k. Might even be possible to get one with PP or Premium, but not both.

OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
Didn't want to make a whole new thread explaining everything again. So i just re-brought this one up. We found a new 2015 roush stage 1 eco boost, that my wife fell in love with. Best of all its within our price range. So i had to ask, is there anything i should be worried about with a 2015? Any crazy recalls or anything that should have been recalled? I guess I'm asking is there any reason not to pick a 2015 over a 2016/2017?

Sponsored

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Didn't want to make a whole new thread explaining everything again. So i just re-brought this one up. We found a new 2015 roush stage 1 eco boost, that my wife fell in love with. Best of all its within our price range. So i had to ask, is there anything i should be worried about with a 2015? Any crazy recalls or anything that should have been recalled? I guess I'm asking is there any reason not to pick a 2015 over a 2016/2017?
I believe the 2015s had fitment issues. I'm sure you could probably find more threads if there is any issues, but I know plastic paneling and paneling in general weren't great on the 15s.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Panel fitment is hit or miss, so just look carefully at the car and judge build quality. As far as recalls, I think there was an exhaust system heat shield recall on the EBs. Have the dealership run the VIN through the shop and see if anything pops up in terms of recalls/TSBs performed and any maintenance/repair work done on the car.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The 2015 is not the only year for body panel alignment issues. My passenger door, hood, and trunk needed a re-alignment that took about 30 minutes. The 2015 is a 50th anniversary year which is one reason I bought the 15 instead of a 16. The 2015 has sync 2 which I prefer over sync 3 because of the 4 quadrant layout and custom background on the display. Most 2015 have the Valencia Spain engine over the late 2015+ Cleveland US engine. There is some hearsay about early V engines (pre 275,278?) with poor build quality regarding rod bolt torque, and possibly other areas but have not seen any hard evidence of any differences. The 2017 may have a new head design according to a recent post in the I4 section. I have a late V engine (#278, Oct-2014, Body build date Jan-5-2015.) and have no concerns about engine build quality or any engine problems. Che C engines started production in March-2015.

Last edited:

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
There were problems with the early 2015 EB engines. I would stay away.

I recommend having her test drive a 5.0.

The EB's are sluggish with factory tune and have very poor Intercoolers (if you live in an area with high ambient temps, the engine can end up pulling timing because of this). Long term you also may have to worry about carbon build up (so expect to have it walnut blasted!).

Good luck!
Sponsored