Sponsored

Anybody try a CAI, Tune & Catback?

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was wondering if anybody has tried a Cold Air Intake, Tune and a Catback?
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
There are people here who have. I have not modified mine as I really need to keep the power train warranty. As soon as you tune, you are on your own if you have a major power train issue.

The only real advantage of a cat-back, in my opinion, is if you want a different sound. Replacing the stock x pipe and removing the resonators is what many people do. The 350 exhaust is pretty good and I have no intention of changing mine out.

OP
OP

Racsirx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There are people here who have. I have not modified mine as I really need to keep the power train warranty. As soon as you tune, you are on your own if you have a major power train issue.

The only real advantage of a cat-back, in my opinion, is if you want a different sound. Replacing the stock x pipe and removing the resonators is what many people do. The 350 exhaust is pretty good and I have no intention of changing mine out.
Just wanted to see if there was any power increase with the catback, I have seen the a few with a tune, cai and full exhaust that made good power

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've been doing my research on a CAI and tune. If I go tune though I'll be conservative because I'm looking at longevity as well. If anything, I just want some more low end help.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Just wanted to see if there was any power increase with the catback, I have seen the a few with a tune, cai and full exhaust that made good power
The main restriction in the factory GT350 exhaust is the factory x-pipe. It necks down to 2.25". With the stock system it's nice to be able to lower the sound when you want. I believe some aftermarket exhausts may have the valves but if looking for a power advantage with a cat back, it will be minimum, if anything.

Sponsored

Alaskan9974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 gt premium & '17 gt350
The main restriction in the factory GT350 exhaust is the factory x-pipe. It necks down to 2.25". With the stock system it's nice to be able to lower the sound when you want. I believe some aftermarket exhausts may have the valves but if looking for a power advantage with a cat back, it will be minimum, if anything.
The magnaflow setup with the dual x pipes runs $600ish, or an exhaust shop can install some straight tubes in place of the resonators for a couple bills.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The magnaflow setup with the dual x pipes runs $600ish, or an exhaust shop can install some straight tubes in place of the resonators for a couple bills.
You mean Corsa.
Sponsored