Sponsored

Supercharger/Regrets

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
You're crazy to think a turbo setup will give you less problems than a blower (centri/PD). There are just more possible failure points. You can't go wrong with Whipple, VMP, Vortech, etc. My personal choice will be a VMP Gen II in the next month or so.
OR

Kenne Bell. cmon its 2017, we cant just ASSUME someones gender or choice in blower.
Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I regret it. I know im probally one of the small percentages, but im also one of the whipple owners with all the issues. the heasitation, the belt noise and now I have more problems. the whipple started making a hell of a lot of noise last night when I was driving home. my whipple now sounds like a Kenny Belly Blower. there is a really loud whine coming from the front of the whipple. sounds like it is coming from the 10 rib pulley. im contacting whipple now. if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't. the cost of the whipple, all the up grades and the 10 rib was just over 11 grand. heck a brand new coyote motor is only 7 grand... yeah I regret it.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I feel your pain on previous projects. Play this game long enough and eventually you lose. Sometimes right away, sometimes way down the line.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I regret it. I know im probally one of the small percentages, but im also one of the whipple owners with all the issues. the heasitation, the belt noise and now I have more problems. the whipple started making a hell of a lot of noise last night when I was driving home. my whipple now sounds like a Kenny Belly Blower. there is a really loud whine coming from the front of the whipple. sounds like it is coming from the 10 rib pulley. im contacting whipple now. if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't. the cost of the whipple, all the up grades and the 10 rib was just over 11 grand. heck a brand new coyote motor is only 7 grand... yeah I regret it.
I've had the first 2 issues you speak of and so have others here, but whipple has come up with a solution free of charge for all with those know issues. For the new blower noise I'm sure if it's a Whipple part they will come through for you. Of course I understand no one like being on the receiving end of issues, and as you may know I've had mine when OPG went BOOM!

Oh yeah and my only regret was not doing OPG's when I Whippled it.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
there no argument whipples customer service is second to none, but im worries about this new issue. I don't have the abilities to take a whipple off my self and I don't have the funds to pay someone to do it, if it comes to that. this is my everyday driver... plus the "I told you not to buy that" from the wife has been ringing in my ears all day long....

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Damn, sorry to hear of your troubles with the Whipple ETCH!

I would have bought the Whipple if it wasn't for the install being more complex than the centri blowers, which is why I went Procharger. Wanted to be able to revert back to stock easily if I needed to. I really like the look of the Whipples; they look like a quality kit.

I really hope your Whipple doesn't have any major issues...11 grand is a big chunk of cash to pay into the engine mods.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Damn, sorry to hear of your troubles with the Whipple ETCH!

I would have bought the Whipple if it wasn't for the install being more complex than the centri blowers, which is why I went Procharger. Wanted to be able to revert back to stock easily if I needed to. I really like the look of the Whipples; they look like a quality kit.

I really hope your Whipple doesn't have any major issues...11 grand is a big chunk of cash to pay into the engine mods.
Whipple instal is straight forward and not really complex at all, however it may have more steps than the centi setup. 11k is really high, but Whipple kits can be had for a deal. I paid $6800 on sale with the 132 TB and 72lb inj. Setup and it has plenty of growing room is needed.

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
OR

Kenne Bell. cmon its 2017, we cant just ASSUME someones gender or choice in blower.
Haha. Hence why I added the "etc."

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
there no argument whipples customer service is second to none, but im worries about this new issue. I don't have the abilities to take a whipple off my self and I don't have the funds to pay someone to do it, if it comes to that. this is my everyday driver... plus the "I told you not to buy that" from the wife has been ringing in my ears all day long....
You ever considered taking the drive up to Fresno to let Whipple fix the car up once and for all? I would imagine they would work with you if your are having all these known issues.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
When I had my 4.6 s197, I put a turbocharger on it and within 3 days....boom. Pistons melted lol. I lost right away. I'm hoping I have better luck with my pc. I would have loved going turbo again but I'm scared of them even tho I love the way they sound.

Sponsored

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
i feel you on that, my christmas was basically gone as my whipple belt decided to go bye bye on me after 400 miles, my dealership had been nice enough to lend me a car, im a little over 10k in whipple

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
any of the kits will perform well, all depends on driving style and budget

feel free to give us a ring and we can go over your goals and budget and we'll help dial you in

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Love my paxton kit. Running 9.64 at 142 so far on the 6 rib setup has blown my mind. To have all the options a premium car offers and then go run mid 9's is great. I have $9400 in my car total for all my mods in my sig. I just pullied down one more time to go for 9.50's on the 6 rib setup. Paxton gets my vote.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
This concerns me, because I'm in the same boat. As the OP stated you would expect to have NO issues after investing $10K + into a power adder. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the Whipple. After carbon fiber goodies, custom color, dual fans on the Stage 2, it comes out to $10,150. Add another $1100 for TSS OPG, CS sprocket and ATI damper and I'm at $11,000 not including $3000 for labor. I will not be installing this myself because my car is a daily driver, need it done right the first time, and it's beyond my skill level. If I drop $14,000 on my car, my expectation is that it be near perfect. That's a lot of money to have nuisance issues. IMO, it's not a great product if you spend nearly 50% of the cars purchase price and have issues. Seriously reconsidering FI.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
[MENTION=21672]Slamdcoop0428[/MENTION]

Every time i see that dudes name i have to read his sig. Damn that cars one hell of a bang for the buck combo!
Sponsored