Sponsored

How do you justify what you spend on your Mustang?

rotisserie_gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush Stage 3
In reality most folks could get by just fine driving a Fiesta or the like everyday. You choose what you drive and how you set it up because it makes you happy. You are the one paying for it, so do whatever makes you happy. No explanation needed! As far as cost goes you can always try to revert and part out the easy stuff if you keep the originals, but from my experience this takes a fair bit of patience for not much return. I sold my s197 with about 1k worth of mods on it, and didn't get anything more out of the sale. I just dealer traded it. They usually won't give you more for things like an exhaust/short throw and such. I really didn't want to bother flipping back to stock exhaust for maybe $100 back and the potential hassle of a private sale for the part (I'm lazy). I would imagine that most folks that invest some serious money into heavy mods would probably opt to sell the car itself and/or parts through private channels, as they have a more targeted audience.

I get heat for trading cars every few years...everyone has an opinion. I've just stopped caring what people think, and I smile the whole drive home every day :D
Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Justifying this is like justifying why you'd want to do heroine. It's for the immediate high. It's expensive. You're hooked and coming back. It won't end. Ever. Tried to get out of the car game multiple times. I've never been so miserable.

Everything good comes in a rush. Everything great comes in moderation. I spend every couple of months on something substantial for the car. I also alternate between the Mustang and my RCSB pickup. I've spent thousands upon thousands on all of my cars thru the years. A lot of it was a particular waste. I'm very careful about what I buy now. But nonetheless, I don't regret it. I love building motors and making horsepower. I just have to remember I need to make sure we have somewhere to live and food to eat. lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It makes me happy.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I don't ever look back and reflect on what I've bought. What's done is done. I do my "justifying" before I buy.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
All the parts I purchased I didn't justify which is why I bought them. The parts I do try to justify I never buy because there really isn't a single thing that makes aftermarket parts WORTH buying other than what makes you happy. So "FEELING" is the only thing that makes it justifiable.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I justify it because I'm 24 years old, dont have any kids yet and I know I will have to get something bigger/slower in a few years (unless I can convince the fiancee to let me get a SRT8 grand Cherokee or a Raptor)

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I justify it via the stimulation that it gives my amygdala, nucleus accumben, ventral tegmental area, cerebellum and pituitary gland.

TC :love:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I justify it because I'm 24 years old, dont have any kids yet and I know I will have to get something bigger/slower in a few years (unless I can convince the fiancee to let me get a SRT8 grand Cherokee or a Raptor)
$hit man, I got 3 kids and I'm like F it, I'm buying a mustang. I had my son there when I bought it and we was asking about racing stripes! :lol:

Being a parent doesn't mean you have to have a slow car or be boring. Being cautious and having more awareness is always good though.

I find this thread a little odd to begin with. We are discussing rationality being applied to a series of small purchases like mods but lets not forget that we ALL made a large irrational purchase(Mustang). Really we should be asking ourselves what was our justification making the purchase in the first place?

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
life is the justification.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
If any of us had half a brain, or any sense at all, we'd all be buying the cheapest KIA we could get and driving the wheels off of it. Then doing it again. But as long as we can we will be modding Mustangs, buying ATVs, taking cruises, and spending $5000 on World Series tickets cause we like it! It's a pretty odd question coming from a guy that has modded his car to the extent that you have. :confused:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Nothing to justify, really. I have modded every Mustang I have ever owned since my 1991 LX 5.0. I will continue to do it with every performance car I buy.

It brings happiness to me. Its fun.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't feel the need to justify the money I spend on anything. I earn it. I'll do with it as I please.:shrug:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it's a hobby and I enjoy looking at it after I did the work myself.

with that said I don't do drugs(never have, never will), don't smoke, and hardly ever drink so the amount of play money goes in my hobbies: home theater/VR room/PC gaming and my car.

although if I was smart I would have invested the money and never modded but then I'd have no fun. I'm not a boring dad by any means lol.
Sponsored