Sponsored

Found a case of a failed recalled oil line

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Found this on a Facebook group. May be a little hard to read, Photobucket will probably kill the quality. The guy did comment it happened before the recall was put out.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Customer's comment on bottom is telltale..... MY2017 bring it on. ;)

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The service dept put a lot of work into cleaning up the effects of the burst oil line.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice find.

Sponsored

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Less than 2 liters of oil left in sump......?

That can not be good, they state no material metal/material found, but.....

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Less than 2 liters of oil left in sump......?

That can not be good, they state no material metal/material found, but.....
Yeah because the other 8 quarts are all over the cars chassis.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Here is the rest of the oil.
No shit!
This is your car?
I just spoke to ford performance last Wednesday about the GT350 springs and I asked them about the oil cooler hoses. I asked them what will ford do if the oil cooler lines rupture and destroyed the engine or cause an accident or worse death. Should we stop driving our cars until the hoses are replaced. His answer was he can't tell me to stop driving it and if the hoses rupture they will address the issue at that time. WHAT THE FUCK FORD!!
So basically we're driving a ticking time bomb because your supplier can't produce replacement hoses fast enough? Funny you didnt waste time sending out a notice!!
This is bullshit business here. In the mean time some are making monthly payments while you drag ass on getting replacement hoses out that's been 2 months now. And when the hoses do burst and the customers car sits in the dealer waiting on wtf you guys are gonna do and prolong the process while the customer keeps making payments on a car he/she can't drive.
FORD I HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS BECAUSE YOU SUCK!
You guys sell a car that you can not support.
I'm a life time ford owner and have never owned any other vehicle except fords. The workmanship, assembly, build quality, and service you provide is the worst ever. I'd expect this kind of treatment from yugo! Not ford motor company!!
I'm so disappointed

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Lucky for me, not my car. This poor dude posted this pic on his Facebook page (link provided by Matt above). The rest of us seem doomed for a similar fate, yet clearly parts exist for the recall, the newest cars not involved in the recall already have them, so..., what in the hell are the rest of us waiting for? Ford.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No shit!
This is your car?
OP is from FL. We don't have mountains in FL, so probably not his car.

However, with all that said you are spot on...... Ford needs to own this. Imagine dropping 10 qts of oil on a track where people are depending on braking.

Either the car is safe to drive as it was built or not.

All lives matter.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Lucky for me, not my car. This poor dude posted this pic on his Facebook page (link provided by Matt above). The rest of us seem doomed for a similar fate, yet clearly parts exist for the recall, the newest cars not involved in the recall already have them, so..., what in the hell are the rest of us waiting for? Ford.
My chassis number is 413. I will not and I refuse to allow fords dealerships to work on my car. I will get the hoses and replace them myself. Fords dealerships don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I've had my car for over a year now and from day one it just keeps getting worse. I love what the car is supposed to be, but ford really missed the boat on this one. This will be the last mustang I ever buy. I know that means nothing to ford but it does to me.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
OP is from FL. We don't have mountains in FL, so probably not his car.

However, with all that said you are spot on...... Ford needs to own this. Imagine dropping 10 qts of oil on a track where people are depending on braking.

Either the car is safe to drive as it was built or not.

All lives matter.
All I focused on was the Exxon oil spill. Alaska has mountains.
If you look at the picture you'll notice tire tracks from the oil! Thank God this driver didn't lose control!
I'm willing to bet this is the same cause as what happened to joe Charles car that caught on fire. They can say the snap ring failed but I'm not buying it, it was the hoses.
If the picture above was my car, ford can keep it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My chassis number is 413. I will not and I refuse to allow fords dealerships to work on my car. I will get the hoses and replace them myself. Fords dealerships don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I've had my car for over a year now and from day one it just keeps getting worse. I love what the car is supposed to be, but ford really missed the boat on this one. This will be the last mustang I ever buy. I know that means nothing to ford but it does to me.
They mass produced a (relatively) low cost vehicle that out performs every other in its relative price point. I don't think Ford missed the boat with the GT350.

Yes it has issues.

I still think it is a grand slam for how much it delivers all for what it costs.

So what's your 350 replacement?

(FWIW, your opinion is very well respected)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
They mass produced a (relatively) low cost vehicle that out performs every other in its relative price point. I don't think Ford missed the boat with the GT350.

Yes it has issues.

I still think it is a grand slam for how much it delivers all for what it costs.

So what's your 350 replacement?
For 65+ for a gt350 Ill buy a vett or fuck it I'll buy a ZL1. That's hard to swallow because I've never owned anything but fords for the last 31 years.

What angers me is how many of us are waiting on replacement hoses? Ford knows this. 8000 gt350's?
Instead of continuing building more and using the new updated hoses why not fix what is already out there or crank up the production of the revised replacemt hoses before this happens!
I feel sorry for the owner above.
Sponsored