Sponsored

Wheel Spacers. 20mm or 25mm?????

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Looks perfect. So what size are you running front and back?
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That's a 25mm front and a 23mm rear, my car is lowered with BMR SP080 springs, it's got a good factory spec alignment, and now the rear rubber is Conti Extreme DWs (stock size, 275/40-19, front are still the original Pirelli) - plus, CPC splash guards.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Good info and pics.:thumbsup: Thanx guys...,.

Just wondering what the difference is in a "good" and a "cheap" spacer..... besides price??? It's a machined piece of aluminum???

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I've got a set of 4 25mm arriving this week. My back wheels have a bit of negative camber so I hope that'll tuck them in the few mm's needed so they don't do as jbailer says.
Where you getting yours from? Us north of the border are getting killed with our shitty dollar and duty. :doh:

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'm running the random eBay specials. Probably 10,000 miles so far with no issues.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Did you have to cut your studs down to clear the wheels? I want 20mm but I don't want to cut the studs.
If you do 20mm, you will need to trim the studs.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Did you have to cut your studs down to clear the wheels? I want 20mm but I don't want to cut the studs.
I'm running the 18" standard wheels so I got away with it. I think all the other wheels Ford offered requires grinding down/cutting the studs.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Anybody experiencing any vibration after install?

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Where you getting yours from? Us north of the border are getting killed with our shitty dollar and duty. :doh:
Yeah you ain't kidding there! I got them from American Muscle after another member with a PP car recommended them and had no vibration issues.

Good thing with American Muscle is they build the duties/brokerage/etc into the shipping so you don't get unpleasant surprises when it crosses the border.

Total USD cost for a set of 4 x 25mm was $249 which PayPal converted to $346 CAD.

If I find the rears bulge on my PP wheels I may buy a pair of 23mm instead so may put the 25mm up for sale if you're interested (may not bulge on your model?).

The key to no vibrations seems to be to get HUB-centric spacers ... these are the ones I ordered:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/1in-billet-aluminum-wheel-spacers-2015.html

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Yeah you ain't kidding there! I got them from American Muscle after another member with a PP car recommended them and had no vibration issues.

Good thing with American Muscle is they build the duties/brokerage/etc into the shipping so you don't get unpleasant surprises when it crosses the border.

Total USD cost for a set of 4 x 25mm was $249 which PayPal converted to $346 CAD.

If I find the rears bulge on my PP wheels I may buy a pair of 23mm instead so may put the 25mm up for sale if you're interested (may not bulge on your model?).

The key to no vibrations seems to be to get HUB-centric spacers ... these are the ones I ordered:

Thanx for the info, but Holy Fawk that's a lot for fours pieces of machined aluminum. :doh:

I have ordered from AM several times and I do like the idea of no surprises on receipt of the items. :thumbsup:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Lol ... totally agree it's a lot of coin and it's one of the cheaper-priced ones out there too. I didn't get myself anything for Christmas so this was it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

I got (just about) the same ones from AM about 1.5 years ago. They are Coyote and the exact same part number but they weren't black. I have no complaints about them and have had them on my car for about 20k miles. I certainly wouldn't go any cheaper on spacers though. I always considered them temporary while I was finding a set of wheels that I really liked with a better offset so I didn't have to use spacers. For the longest time I couldn't find wheels and was considering replacing them with a better set of spacers like those from Eibach. New wheels should be here in March.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah I saw the ones you're referring to jbailer on CJ Pony Parts (in case someone prefers them over Amer Muscle). Same price too.
Sponsored