Sponsored

3 solenoids dead...

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hey guys! I'm here to try to understand what happened... I have a brand new 2016 Mustang (Bought at the end of 2015). I have barely 40K and I kept having problem with my tranny and stuff. I finally brought my car for the 5th time at the dealership and I told them that I was patient enough but they reach my limit. I let them know clearly that this is the last shot I give them to fix my car properly before I use the Lemon law on them. (Obviously they got kinda pissed... But hey! I don't care. I paid a new car with warranty for a reason!). Anyways they are still working on the list of issue I gave them and so far they found 3 solenoid that were bad. What could I have done to make the solenoids to go bad? They also said they will replace my transmission and they are working on the whining noise and hopefully my stupid drive-shaft that I told them is pinging real bad. Any ideas???

Thanks,
StangATX.
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I don't think that you could have done anything for the solenoids to go bad. They're usually internal and computer controlled. All you do it put the car in drive and hit the gas. Hopefully they fix your issue, it does sound like the dealer is doing the right thing.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it's more like a fabrication issue from the factory?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Transmission oil (especially Autos) collects a fair amount of debris from the clutch plates and gears over time. Solenoids can get clogged and fail. Or the solenoid could just be poorly made/defective. That's why it's very important to change ATX fluid often. I'm not saying you didn't do that, cause if you did, the dealership would likely blame you for the problem.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transmission oil (especially Autos) collects a fair amount of debris from the clutch plates and gears over time. Solenoids can get clogged and fail. Or the solenoid could just be poorly made/defective. That's why it's very important to change ATX fluid often. I'm not saying you didn't do that, cause if you did, the dealership would likely blame you for the problem.
I haven't... The only request I have for my car is to use Full Synthetic oil (5W20) over blend... How often do you recommend to change the oil for the transmission?
What's sad is that my older Stang (2012 V6) had over 70k and I never had any problem with it! The only thing I've done to my older Stang was changing the tires and then I traded in for the 2016 model. However it was a MT not an AT like that one. I chose AT on the newer model just to have fun with the paddle shift but it's not worth it...

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Just looked up the Ford recommended maintenance schedule online, and it looks like they recommend the fluid and transmission filter changechanged every 150k. That seems very high. On many of my imports, they recommend it every 30k. Many manual transmissions can live their life without ever being changed (probably not a good idea).

Still, you're not in control of the solenoids or anything within the transmission. These things could have been defective from the factory. An ATX can be scary, your ability to move forward relies on a lot of parts and a computer. Though the MT82 on these aren't very reliable manuals transmissions either, I still feel better being in control.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is why I like MT I felt more in control of the car. Most of the time (Mostly under the rain) I drive my car with the paddle shift but it's still not the same as a MT. I might trade it for an MT or swap the Transmission later on... I guess I'll check more often to change the fluids. Thanks for your input! I'm glad it's not me that messed up the car lol. Even my wife thought we did something wrong to it. It's our daily driver and I check almost every week if not every 2 weeks all my levels. I guess they were just defective from the factory...

Thanks & Happy New Year!!

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
You'll find out more when the dealer is done. Maybe they'll have more insight on what happened. Nonetheless, if they thought you could have done something to ruin the solenoids, then they wouldnt be covering it under warranty.

Happy new year to you too

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'll find out more when the dealer is done. Maybe they'll have more insight on what happened. Nonetheless, if they thought you could have done something to ruin the solenoids, then they wouldnt be covering it under warranty.

Happy new year to you too
Thanks! Well this dealership kinda sucks... I had to ask for my history many times before. They never give me shit of what they've done. I have to force them all the time like they're hiding something... 1st time I brought my car in it had 300Miles on it I had an issue with the Hood not aligning properly with the bumper. Here's what they put on the history and told me. "It seems that the front bumper is twisted and seeing damage under the car". When I heard that I was like WTF! I didn't crash at all! I even ask many tech and supervisor to go check my car on the lift and asked them where did they see it was twisted and damaged under the car?! just a bunch of BS... :tsk:

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Damn and I thought you just forgot about the turbo build. Good luck getting it fixed brotha!

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn and I thought you just forgot about the turbo build. Good luck getting it fixed brotha!
Oh no trust me. The turbo is still there waiting lol I might go even crazier... I'm thinking on Turbo + NOS :D
Sponsored