Sponsored

Question about trade in

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm curious is there an actual value when trading in a car that came with the Recaro seats? Or does it not even show up from the VIN?

If I part my car and trade in just wondering if I would see any value trading in with the recaro seats or if I'm better off trading someone stock seats + cash for my seats.
Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I don't think you're going to see much difference either way to be honest. If they came with the car, I'd leave them.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
You probably won't see any extra value but the dealer will.

Maybe with that knowledge you can negotiate an extra hundred bucks or something

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
If you got cloth recaros LMK, I'll trade ya for my cloth fronts. :D

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Wait......what is the question?

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Wait......what is the question?
He's wanting to know if he took out his Recaros and sold them and replaced them with regular seats and traded the car in, would they be able to tell by pulling the VIN if it once had them. Or at least that's what I take from the question. And how would it affect the trade in value with out them.

You can pull everything from the VIN as far is packages, and what the car came with. So the dealer could most likely tell you if the original purchase came with Recaros.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Depends on the dealer. My dealer gave me $300 for my roush axle back.

OP
OP

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
He's wanting to know if he took out his Recaros and sold them and replaced them with regular seats and traded the car in, would they be able to tell by pulling the VIN if it once had them. Or at least that's what I take from the question. And how would it affect the trade in value with out them.

You can pull everything from the VIN as far is packages, and what the car came with. So the dealer could most likely tell you if the original purchase came with Recaros.

Yeah this.

Thanks guys.

Hoping to sell car before I resort to trading in. For shits and giggles I went to a dealer and got a quote for a trade in. They told me $19,000. I got up and left.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Well, when my 2015 car was totaled out, they did apply all the options I could prove it had from the window sticker into account (and even my new all season tires, which I bought because it was a PP car and it was winter), and I got about $2500 over what they originally quoted me for the payout :) Having the PP got about $1500 of that alone (the ecoboost PP is a $1,900 option). The other option was Ruby Red, which is a $495 option.

I didn't have the recaros, but I would expect a similar increase in value, considering that it costs more to order a car with it (almost as much as the Ecoboost PP). I would argue this tooth and nail with anyone I did a trade in with...just my $0.02
Sponsored