Sponsored

For those who have ford performance tuning on their EB

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
lmfao, tell me stock mustang is faster than Wrx and I will know how ignorant you are
Of course the WRX is quicker 0-60 (AWD). I'm pretty sure they're very similar in the quarter mile stock for stock.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Of course the WRX is quicker 0-60 (AWD). I'm pretty sure they're very similar in the quarter mile stock for stock.
Yea they are, my roommate 15 sti can do roughly low 13s. Not on track tho just on country hwy

Aaron_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M/T PP 2.3 EB
Just installed mine today. No recorded pulls 0-60 yet. But for reference I did hit a 5.5 when the car was bone stock @ 1000 miles. Manual, PP. Clutch dump at 5k and powershifting the whole way.

Will see how she does after another day of driving it before attempting a 0-60.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Just installed mine today. No recorded pulls 0-60 yet. But for reference I did hit a 5.5 when the car was bone stock @ 1000 miles. Manual, PP. Clutch dump at 5k and powershifting the whole way.

how do you dump clutch lol, did you replace with racing clutch kit already? i heard you cant dump the OEM one cuz they break liek glass

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)

Yeah damn that's a hard launch. how the hell are you not spinning with that much boost built? My auto spins sometimes launching at like 3k lol. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Aaron_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M/T PP 2.3 EB
Not sure what to tell you. My car grips and goes. Remember mine is a PP (3.55s and 255 pzeros).

Weather at the time was about 70 degrees, on asphalt. Done it many times since then. Dumping at a lower rpm bogged like hell. Clutch holds up just fine.

Most of the blacktop in the central texas area is in decent shape. Need to find some concrete roads to try it on. Car has ford tune on it now. Haven't tried since.

Remember a clutch dump from a stop will have little to no boost initially as there is very little cylinder pressure until the car starts to get traction.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
.....and once the warranty is up 90% of us will end up taking it to the ragged edge like all of you guys lol.
I don't understand this mind set at all. If you can afford the cost of fixing a blown engine after the warranty has expired why can't you afford the cost while the car is under warranty? The probability of a blown engine doesn't change because you do or don't have a warranty.

For those concerned with the warranty I don't consider taking your 5/60 powertrain warranty and reducing it to 3/36 to be a very compelling reason for the FP tune.

IMHO, the only compelling reason to go with the FP tune is its emissions certified.

FWIW, I have been driving turbo 4s continuously since 1985 and have accumulated about 3/4 million miles on them. All have had the equivalent of a Stage 1 (tune, exhaust, intake) and I have never had a powertrain failure.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I don't understand this mind set at all. If you can afford the cost of fixing a blown engine after the warranty has expired why can't you afford the cost while the car is under warranty? The probability of a blown engine doesn't change because you do or don't have a warranty.
I don't understand that either... but I believe it is because they will have the car paid off and/or saved more money from the initial car purchase so the "hit" is not that big.

At least, that would be my thought if I went "big turbo" or something like that later... but now that Ford has released the 2020 plans, doubt if I'll do anything else to this car.

For those concerned with the warranty I don't consider taking your 5/60 powertrain warranty and reducing it to 3/36 to be a very compelling reason for the FP tune.
Because you don't reduce it... talked about ad nauseam in the forums... all I'm going to say about it. Not getting dragged into one of these discussions again... you can believe whatever you want.

FWIW, I have been driving turbo 4s continuously since 1985 and have accumulated about 3/4 million miles on them. All have had the equivalent of a Stage 1 (tune, exhaust, intake) and I have never had a powertrain failure.
That is nice... unfortunately, there have been some reported blowouts on this forum. It is a valid worry, IMO, if you don't have the resources to pay for an engine. Likely to happen? Probably not.

And you must accept the fact that some people are simply risk adverse. That is why Best Buy still makes money selling those rip off warranties for TVs. Although the FP tune is definitely not a rip off... solid product, IMO.

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
I don't understand that either... but I believe it is because they will have the car paid off and/or saved more money from the initial car purchase so the "hit" is not that big.

At least, that would be my thought if I went "big turbo" or something like that later... but now that Ford has released the 2020 plans, doubt if I'll do anything else to this car.

Because you don't reduce it... talked about ad nauseam in the forums... all I'm going to say about it. Not getting dragged into one of these discussions again... you can believe whatever you want.

That is nice... unfortunately, there have been some reported blowouts on this forum. It is a valid worry, IMO, if you don't have the resources to pay for an engine. Likely to happen? Probably not.

And you must accept the fact that some people are simply risk adverse. That is why Best Buy still makes money selling those rip off warranties for TVs. Although the FP tune is definitely not a rip off... solid product, IMO.
Not trying to derail the thread but what are Fords plans for the future?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Not trying to derail the thread but what are Fords plans for the future?
One that I've been "sorta joking" about on the forum since I joined....

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73153

Basically "A hybrid version of the iconic Mustang that will deliver V8 power and even more low-end torque. The Mustang Hybrid, built at the Flat Rock Plant, debuts in 2020 and will be available in the North America to start"

Yea, I'll keep this FP tune and start saving my money RIGHT now... damn thing is going to be a rocket ship... can't wait....

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
One that I've been "sorta joking" about on the forum since I joined....

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73153

Basically "A hybrid version of the iconic Mustang that will deliver V8 power and even more low-end torque. The Mustang Hybrid, built at the Flat Rock Plant, debuts in 2020 and will be available in the North America to start"

Yea, I'll keep this FP tune and start saving my money RIGHT now... damn thing is going to be a rocket ship... can't wait....
a 3.5 TT hybrid is going to be an awesome car- let's hope Ford can sort out the driveline vibration stuff by then...

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Oh yes! and lets get to about 56 pages of warranty re-iteration while having certain people ask questions covered on pages 1-55 having shamelessly skipped straight to the end! :headbonk:

Yeah seriously tho the other threads are cancer and i just would like a straight forward 'write up review only' thread. hell ill even pay someone in beers for it.
[MENTION=21048]Dirty-EB-Chicago[/MENTION]

It is snowing... took the time to put this together... in my signature...

Let me know if it needs corrections. I quickly read over it for obvious corrections.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
[MENTION=21048]Dirty-EB-Chicago[/MENTION]

It is snowing... took the time to put this together... in my signature...

Let me know if it needs corrections. I quickly read over it for obvious corrections.
I read over your write up on the FP Tune. I was going to share my opinions on the tune with ~450 miles since installation but I think you captured it all very well. Everything I would say about how it feels and how I drive the car now is almost exactly as you described even down the the D vs S modes and gear hanging.

The only thing I would change is referring to the OBD2 interface cable as a tuner. The tuner is actually the laptop/computer in this case, that is just an adapter cable.

I'm glad you talked about the "drive cycle". Ford Performance laughed about the misinterpretation one person had about a "200 mile drive cycle" even suggesting drive iterations of the 200 miles would yield a difference. They never did provide the best driving scenarios to more quickly learn all of the tables to get the most out of the tune except for the 3-4 pulls @ 50% throttle from 50 - 75MPH which was to learn the timing since they added the ability to use 87 octane for the first time. Their advice is just go drive it and have fun.

You might want to add a little more info about the tune file, what it's called roughly (and *.PC3) and where the technician will find it on their computer. Since this is new to Ford Performance, Ford and everyone else, that might be helpful.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully people that might be interested in the FP Performance Pack for the EB will be able to find that and take time to read it.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I read over your write up on the FP Tune. I was going to share my opinions on the tune with ~450 miles since installation but I think you captured it all very well. Everything I would say about how it feels and how I drive the car now is almost exactly as you described even down the the D vs S modes and gear hanging.

The only thing I would change is referring to the OBD2 interface cable as a tuner. The tuner is actually the laptop/computer in this case, that is just an adapter cable.

I'm glad you talked about the "drive cycle". Ford Performance laughed about the misinterpretation one person had about a "200 mile drive cycle" even suggesting drive iterations of the 200 miles would yield a difference. They never did provide the best driving scenarios to more quickly learn all of the tables to get the most out of the tune except for the 3-4 pulls @ 50% throttle from 50 - 75MPH which was to learn the timing since they added the ability to use 87 octane for the first time. Their advice is just go drive it and have fun.

You might want to add a little more info about the tune file, what it's called roughly (and *.PC3) and where the technician will find it on their computer. Since this is new to Ford Performance, Ford and everyone else, that might be helpful.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully people that might be interested in the FP Performance Pack for the EB will be able to find that and take time to read it.

Update! Thank you!

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Update! Thank you!
Also enjoyed your write up. Under reasons to get this tune, for me it is all about CARB requirements in Ca. and not having to deal with stuff down the road, which is a big deal to me.

Good job!
Sponsored