GT track pack radiator on V6

CodeineCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 51A Deep impact blue
Anyone know if the GT track pack will fit the V6? Or will there be a clearance issue? Planning on getting a new thermostat and wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade the radiator aswell.
Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Anyone know if the GT track pack will fit the V6? Or will there be a clearance issue? Planning on getting a new thermostat and wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade the radiator aswell.
The stock radiator should be fine even with a high compression n/a build. If you do get it to work let us know. Sounds like a fun mod. Enjoy the the new t-stat.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Just my $0.02...I believe the V6 shares a radiator with the base GT and if it is capable of cooling that 5L V8 it shouldn't have a problem with our V6s for the majority of use. Now if you're tracking your car hard, I got nothing for ya, I'm sorry. I would look into Mishimoto they have good cooling stuff. The thermostat is good and a tune to turn the fans on earlier would help also. I'll definitely be checking back here to see what others have to say!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just my $0.02...I believe the V6 shares a radiator with the base GT and if it is capable of cooling that 5L V8 it shouldn't have a problem with our V6s for the majority of use. Now if you're tracking your car hard, I got nothing for ya, I'm sorry. I would look into Mishimoto they have good cooling stuff. The thermostat is good and a tune to turn the fans on earlier would help also. I'll definitely be checking back here to see what others have to say!
This. The non-PP GT and V6 share the same core, which cools 435 hp more than adequately. It also does fine for track work on the GT, provided the driver is not a pro. Your radiator should be more than fine for your NA V6, even while beating the crap out of it on the track.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Id do a oil cooler before i bothered with a bigger radiatir, for the already stated reasons

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
+1 on the oil cooler.

OP
OP

CodeineCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
OP
OP

CodeineCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
One would assume its for the GT better to look up aftermarkets for the f150 sharing its motor would be a better fit.
As an engineering student i'm always up for the challenge ;) The install seems to be straight forwards there is a sandwich plate that goes in between the engine and oil filter.
Honestly this track pack radiator thread was just to see if anyone has done this before.

AM also seems to have transmission fluid coolers for all 79-17 mustangs.... Might add that as well.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-auto-trans-cooler.html

Sponsored

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
As an engineering student i'm always up for the challenge ;) The install seems to be straight forwards there is a sandwich plate that goes in between the engine and oil filter.
Honestly this track pack radiator thread was just to see if anyone has done this before.

AM also seems to have transmission fluid coolers for all 79-17 mustangs.... Might add that as well.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-auto-trans-cooler.html
Let me know how that goes I would love to add those to mine as I track it 4 times a year at a local race track and school.